Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: freaking out about grades  (Read 7377 times)

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Re: freaking out about grades
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 03:05:01 AM »
I had a grades nightmare a week ago. I don't know what happened but I woke up in a panic and knew what the dream was about. ick. :-\

I had a similar dream.  I had a dream I had to retake the torts final and I didn't know anything and someone was arguing with me the entire test.

sometime in late november I had a dream that torts was a in a box and that I couldn't open it. ::)
apparently law school killed the clever metaphor part of my brain.
university of southern california 2011

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
I had a grades nightmare a week ago. I don't know what happened but I woke up in a panic and knew what the dream was about. ick. :-\

I had a similar dream.  I had a dream I had to retake the torts final and I didn't know anything and someone was arguing with me the entire test.

sometime in late november I had a dream that torts was a in a box and that I couldn't open it. ::)
apparently law school killed the clever metaphor part of my brain.

The old 'tort-in-a-box' trick, ey?  sneaky.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

ferrygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »
I had a dream last night where I saw my Torts professor and confessed that I feared being in the middle of the pack (this is the class where I felt the best about the exam). She responded casually, "yeah, that's kind of how I see you..."

Actually, I have been having law school nightmares ever since exams finished. Clearly, I need to get a life.

Just got my Torts grade today. Let's just say I had nothing to worry about. Now, about those other exams where I didn't feel good at all... we'll see what happens...

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
I am had a dream where I all my grades were numbers instead of letters and they were all 65s and 70s. I also had another dream where a girl who I know is pretty smart told me she got the lowest grade in our legal pro class, and I woke up in a panic. No grades yet. My New Year's resolution is not to check them until they are all up. I have already broken this resolution several times.  :P

krystal82

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »
When are grades usually up by? I have near panic attack every time I check only to be relieved that nothing is up yet.

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »
Depends on your school.

My school all grades are due by tomorrow but the administration spends like 3-4 days checking them for errors and making sure they all comply with the curve before posting them all together.

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
so, Krystal, how'd you do? did ya get your grades yet?

on related note...i too had convinced myself I didn't do well on tests. by the time grades came out I had mentally prepared myself to be in the bottom of the class. Turns out I was in the top 10%. granted, I didn't mess up badly or run out of time on any exams...hopefully you did well though! let us know how it went.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
I ended up exactly one grade below what I predicted for each class (B+ instead of A-, etc.).  Very odd.  I wish I had the "reverse fortune" that some of you had.  :-(
_______
.|E|R|S.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
I ended up pretty much were I expected to be for Ks, Civ Pro, and Reg State... but Legal Writing was a bit of a shock... and I think it might have pushed me JUST outside of the rank I wanted to be, but since Vandy doesn't really rank, I have no way to know for sure.
Vandy 1L... really?

giant_slayer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 07:36:10 PM »
^^^^
Vandy girl dont slide at all! .....you dont even want to know what surprises await you if you even mess up in one class at Vandy...3L will be full of rejections...step up!
david taking down goliath is not an exception to the rule, it IS the rule.