Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What supplements should I get for Property, Legislation and Con Law?  (Read 2250 times)

daryy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What supplements should I get for Property, Legislation and Con Law?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:56 AM »
Happy new year!I haven't taken Con Law yet so this is all I have to go on.
Welcome to the Toyota Parts Store!  - Free Shipping.Shop for Toyota Corona Parts from Car Parts Warehouse at wholesale price online. Visit Car Parts Warehouse to buy  quality replacement Toyota Parts

chalis8

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 12:27:06 AM »
I thought the E&E for property was absolutely terrible!  Gilberts was so much more helpful (especially if you have to learn future interests and RAP cold) and it's golden if you're using the Dukeminier casebook because it was written by one of the authors.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 12:32:50 AM »
I thought the E&E for property was absolutely terrible!  Gilberts was so much more helpful (especially if you have to learn future interests and RAP cold) and it's golden if you're using the Dukeminier casebook because it was written by one of the authors.

Oh, that's me.  I have the Dukeminier.  Gilberts, you said?

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 10:04:02 AM »
For property the Lexis Understanding series is pretty good, especially for future interests.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »
With everyone referencing the Chemerinsky supplement, somebody should point out that if you're signed up for BarBri, there's a 5 hour Con Law lecture online done by Prof Chemerinsky. I found it to be a good review of the material and a good framework to build an outline around...
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

robelguapo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »
I didn't use any supp's for my first semester. It was just more reading. :)

I did do the BarBri review videos before finals, as RobWreck mentioned, and they were great. I'm thinking of watching the videos before my 2d Semester, just to 'prep the battlefield' if you will.

We don't get our grades until after 20 Jan so who knows if the no supp thing was a good idea.  ???

USC313

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
Avoid the Property E&E at all costs--it's absolutely horrible. I showed my professor some portions of it that I found troublesome, and she was surprised it was even published.

exgratia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »
If you're using the Eskridge/Frickey/Garrett casebook for legislation, you may want to check out the authors' supplement.  I didn't use it, but the person with the top grade in my class from the year before recommended it highly.  I looked at it at the bookstore, and it seemed clear and well organized.

That's the one I have.

exgratia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »
I had already bought the E&E book for Property, so I guess I'm struck with it. I just ordered a used copy of the supplement to the Eckridge et al. casebook for legislation and I have Chemerinsky. I didn't use a supplement for contracts in the first semester and I think I did quite well in the class. However, I am definitely considering getting one for the second semester material, which I presume will be more challenging. In the first semester, we did offer, acceptance, consideration, consideration substitutes, fraud, misrepresentation, duress, publicy policy, etc. Does anyone have an idea as to what we'll be covering in the second semester and what supplement would correspond to that material?