Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sending law schools additional information (recs, ds, etc)  (Read 475 times)

buxfactor

• View Profile
Sending law schools additional information (recs, ds, etc)
« on: December 26, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you had sent law schools additional information after your application had gone complete, but before your applications went to decision.  I just got a really good professional recommendation written recently, and would like to also attach a ds, and some why (insert school here)? essays.  Please let me know if you guys think this is a good idea, or would reflect poorly upon sending in information "late".  Thanks.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Sending law schools additional information (recs, ds, etc)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »
Why didn't you have all this in your application before?  It might have a negative effect because it could make you look unprepared
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Blair180

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:20:20 PM »
My opinion would be that it's unlikely to change the university's decision. However, it may be very helpful if you get waitlisted..depending on the school.
GPA: 3.88 LSAT: 160

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you had sent law schools additional information after your application had gone complete, but before your applications went to decision.  I just got a really good professional recommendation written recently, and would like to also attach a ds, and some why (insert school here)? essays.  Please let me know if you guys think this is a good idea, or would reflect poorly upon sending in information "late".  Thanks.

If it helps, I sent an additional essay to two of my schools after my apps were sent in (I got one of them in before my complete date, though). So far I haven't heard back from them. I called each school beforehand though and asked if they would accept the essay, and I sent a short letter with it calling it "additional information". I personally don't think it can hurt, especially if it's something that tells something new about you. I wouldn't send a lot though.