Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Serious Q: Did LS Ever "Click" For You? Is it Supposed to?  (Read 1955 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Serious Q: Did LS Ever "Click" For You? Is it Supposed to?
« on: December 26, 2008, 12:44:32 AM »
I still feel like I'm all too often on the cusp of getting what's going on.  It seems like most of our cases revolve around holdings and questions of law, but . . . I dunno.  No click yet.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Serious Q: Did LS Ever "Click" For You? Is it Supposed to?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
I don't know what's wrong w/ you... it all "clicked" at the end of the semester for me.

Here's a good link that you might find helpful in your situation. 

_______
.|E|R|S.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
I don't know what's wrong w/ you... it all "clicked" at the end of the semester for me.

Awesome-sauce.

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:23:56 PM »
LOL

Well, as a serious answer, yes it did click for me when I started doing my outlines, doing practice exams and reading model answers. All of a sudden, I started to see where it was all going. So.. mid November, I got the click.

senseless

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 04:15:36 AM »

Awesome-sauce.

You guys are really mean...but funny. No wonder my family left Michigan.

Go Lions!!!

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 09:50:12 AM »

Awesome-sauce.

You guys are really mean...but funny. No wonder my family left Michigan.

Go Lions!!!

were meaner than eagles fans
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 10:08:11 AM »
I'll post a serious response in 2-3 weeks when grades come back...  This (3rd) semester was the first time I went into exams feeling as though everything had clicked.  Grades felt a little random for me as a 1L.  I did very well the second semester, so maybe things clicked without me realizing it?

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 11:27:49 AM »
Without seeing my grades yet, it's hard to say.  I feel like all semester in Contracts I was living unit to unit, finally understanding a unit when it was all over, just in time to start a new one.  But when I began my outline (in a panic), I realized that it was all there, if a little bit dusty.  So I guess it sort of clicked without me realizing it.  (Or perhaps settled is a better word?)

I also have a voluminous list of things I will be doing differently next semester, so maybe my study skills clicked toward the end.  ;)

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
i would not worry if elements didn't "click" for you. you'll probably feel better about the two quarter classes once you review at the end of winter and spring. it's hard once you're in your 2L/3L year because classes are pretty divergent every quarter and i only ever get a sense of class structure at the very end when i'm outlining.

i did get to write a memo about fiduciary duties for corporation directors my 2L year and that made me remember corporations.

bottom line, i think law school "clicks" for some people and not for others. i wouldn't worry either way, especially just after your first quarter (and if your grades are good, you can assume something clicked even on an unconscious level).

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
actually you will be amazed at how much you know and how much you learned even when you dont think you did.....i mean, i find that i can dissect a claim almost without thinking about it, and sometimes i think "damn, i dont remember where i got that...."
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD