Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does the set-up of the interview mean anything?  (Read 1409 times)

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
Does the set-up of the interview mean anything?
« on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »
From perusing the search option, it seems as if interviews with firms can vary, from 30 minute interviews with 1 person, to slightly longer ones with multiple people at once, etc. Does the format of the interview have any significance? Like, how serious they are about you? I have an interview with a great FL firm, and its a series of four thirty minute interviews, with 4 different partners/associates, then a 2 hour lunch with two associates.

Also, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Since school isn't in session until the 5th, I don't really have the opportunity to ask Career Services!
Vandy 1L... really?

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Does the set-up of the interview mean anything?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 11:38:32 AM »
Congrats.  That's similar to what I had in a secondary market, and it's generally called a "callback."  After the lengthy interview(s), they'll decide whether to extend you an offer for 1L summer, skip next year's callback and give you a possible 2L offer, or ding you for the time being.

I enjoyed my callback.  Just take it easy and try to connect with the interviewers.  Talk about what they want to talk about.  In one interview, I talked to the guy about a small town in my home state, but it turns out we both know the area well.

sstar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
Congrats.  That's similar to what I had in a secondary market, and it's generally called a "callback."  After the lengthy interview(s), they'll decide whether to extend you an offer for 1L summer, skip next year's callback and give you a possible 2L offer, or ding you for the time being.

I enjoyed my callback.  Just take it easy and try to connect with the interviewers.  Talk about what they want to talk about.  In one interview, I talked to the guy about a small town in my home state, but it turns out we both know the area well.

Just sent you a PM.
T'50 Class of 2011

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »
That's a standard interview.