Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What ELSE can you do with a JD?  (Read 8828 times)

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What ELSE can you do with a JD?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
It is people on here that make me not want to apply.  Not necessarily the snide comments; rather, the absolutely anal approach to the admissions process. I understand it is complex and people would like some direction, yet the way in which the most mundane of subjects are harped on is insane.

** I guess its to be expected of someone, myself included, who searches out a message board for law school.  LSD DOES offer great advice, but at times I question why anyone would want to get involved with some of these characters. 

www.top-law-schools.com

You

Two chicks at the same time.

(Nobody has said it yet, right?)

and you...

Best. Posts. Ever.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 09:12:31 PM »
srsly.  wally, good show
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

secondsblue

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »
Join the Secret Service, FBI, ATF or DEA.

TheFoz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 04:16:25 AM »
A lot of it depends on what you practice after you graduate. People who go to V10 firms in New York and work in Corporate, in a good economy, can do anything from investment banking to big3 consulting. Your "JD" isn't going to help you get this job, but rather the skills you acquire while working at the firm. Could you do this right out of law school? It'd be hard, even coming from YHS, but after a couple of years at a top firm many people transition into the business side (especially when the economy is good and banks are paying $$$).

TrackTony88

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 04:28:13 AM »
Become President of the US, but a JD may not guarantee success haha. but it may help a little.