Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted ED do you withdraw from schools that have already admitted you?  (Read 591 times)

wonderwall

• View Profile
If you are accepted to your ED School do you withdraw from the schools that have already accepted you as well as the ones with decisions pending, or just the ones with decisions pending?

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted ED do you withdraw from schools that have already admitted you?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:00:53 AM »
All of them. All all all. I just got a letter from Columbia that reads:

We have been informed by the University of Pennsylvania Law School that you have been admitted there under its binding Early Decision Program, and we applaud you on this accomplishment. As Penn Law's Early Decision Program is binding, we have withdrawn your application to Columbia Law School from further consideration.

Just read your contract. Not meaning to lash out at you, but people on this board seem to have a really difficult time understanding a pretty easy concept. BINDING. Meaning withdraw from all schools. All means all. Not some. All.

wonderwall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »
Alright, Alright. I get it. But put it this way - if you weren't ED anywhere, when you decided on the school you were going to attend, would you notify all the schools that already accepted you to say you wouldn't be attending? I just wasn't sure how much it mattered post decision...

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 11:42:08 AM »
Alright, Alright. I get it. But put it this way - if you weren't ED anywhere, when you decided on the school you were going to attend, would you notify all the schools that already accepted you to say you wouldn't be attending? I just wasn't sure how much it mattered post decision...

If you weren't ED, you wouldn't have signed a contract mandating you to withdraw from all other schools.

econtutorNV

• Sr. Citizen
  • Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
If you weren't ED anywhere, which I take to mean that you did not put in an ED app at all, you do not HAVE to withdraw all of your apps. Not paying a seat deposit by the deadline will effectively withdraw your app.

That being said, if are 100% sure you are going to a school that you have been accepted to, you SHOULD withdraw your other apps to allow the waitlist to get moving. You don't have to, but waiting until April when you're sold 100% on a school in December does prolong the wait for someone else.
UGPA-3.33 LSAT-164

In- Tulane ($$), Baylor, USD, Santa Clara ($), IU-B ($), Loyola
Out-Minnesota. UIUC
WL-Notre Dame, Hastings
Pending- Emory, WUSTL, W & L, Davis, GULC PT, GMU, GW PT, UC-I (gotta dream, right?)