Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ...  (Read 5815 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a FAQ?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 04:03:48 PM »
what difference does it make WHY he went to tulane?  that isnt even the issue.

Yes, it is.  If he had a 174/3.6, like he dubiously claims, then it says a lot about him and where he wants to be.  We can use that information to help him.

no it doesnt lol
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »
what difference does it make WHY he went to tulane?  that isnt even the issue.

Yes, it is.  If he had a 174/3.6, like he dubiously claims, then it says a lot about him and where he wants to be.  We can use that information to help him.

TheDudeMan was not questioning whether OP had 174/3.6.  TheDudeMan was not asking OP why he chose to go to Tulane.  TheDudeMan asked:

You are seriously going to Tulane in this economy with your numbers?

The answer to this question is either "Yes, I go to Tulane" or "No, I do not go to Tulane."

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 04:37:03 PM »
Why is this so hard to understand?

Let's say I had a 4.0/180.  But I chose to go to GULC.  Doesn't this say a lot about me?  Doesn't it say, at the very least, that I might want to stay in DC?  Or that I'm not prestige-fixated?  Or that GULC has some specific program that I should keep in mind?

Exactly.  It says a lot.  Now, if we were to go into those reasons, I bet we would learn a lot about the person and their motivations.  In this case, someone with a 3.6/174 is going to a poorly-ranked law school.  We want to know why.  Is it because he had to stay in NO, which means that he's looking in on market?  Or because he wanted a full-ride, and wants to do PI?

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 04:40:51 PM »

Let's say I had a 4.0/180.  But I chose to go to GULC.  Doesn't this say a lot about me?  Doesn't it say, at the very least, that I might want to stay in DC?  Or that I'm not prestige-fixated?  Or that GULC has some specific program that I should keep in mind?

Exactly.  It says a lot.  Now, if we were to go into those reasons, I bet we would learn a lot about the person and their motivations.  In this case, someone with a 3.6/174 is going to a poorly-ranked law school.  We want to know why.  Is it because he had to stay in NO, which means that he's looking in on market?  Or because he wanted a full-ride, and wants to do PI?

lol no it merely says you chose to go to gulc.  and who gives a *&^%, anyway?

to remind you of the op's question:  Is there a 1L job-search FAQ? A good place to start? Just a set of recommendations? Some thread everyone likes?

the credited response to that is either "yes, look here" or "no"  my guess is the op doesnt want or need to be psychoanalyzed -- he just wants an answer to his simple question

why is this so hard to understand  :D

JD

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
TheDudeMan was not questioning whether OP had 174/3.6.  TheDudeMan was not asking OP why he chose to go to Tulane. TheDudeMan asked:

You are seriously going to Tulane in this economy with your numbers?

The answer to this question is either "Yes, I go to Tulane" or "No, I do not go to Tulane."

Exactly.  It says a lot.  Now, if we were to go into those reasons, I bet we would learn a lot about the person and their motivations.  In this case, someone with a 3.6/174 is going to a poorly-ranked law school.  We want to know why. Is it because he had to stay in NO, which means that he's looking in on market?  Or because he wanted a full-ride, and wants to do PI?

See bolded.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »
There is no earthly reason why you need to know why the OP went to Tulane.  Tulane's a fine law school, and he could have decided to go there for family reasons or because of the school colors.  At this point it doesn't really matter.  The OP has given more than enough information about motivations/goals/etc.  Start your own thread if you want to do a "Your non-T6 school sucks!"

"Tulane is a fine school." 

Lies.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
There is no earthly reason why you need to know why the OP went to Tulane.  Tulane's a fine law school, and he could have decided to go there for family reasons or because of the school colors.  At this point it doesn't really matter.  The OP has given more than enough information about motivations/goals/etc.  Start your own thread if you want to do a "Your non-T6 school sucks!"

"Tulane thedudeman is a fine school reasonable person." 

Lies.

fixt

JD