What do you think about the GW class size compared to other schools that might have only 200-250 students?
I think there are pros and cons for sure to the size of the school.
- Allows for huge faculty and course selection. GW's course catalog is quite lengthy.
- Less like high school than other law schools. While I have no direct comparison, by talking to some friends at other law schools, this seems to be the case.
- Wider alumni network.
- More resources (goes back to staffing, but I mean overall)
- Amazing SBA (student bar association). Not sure if this has to do with the size of the school.
- Allows for wide variety of clinical opportunities.
- Tons of student organizations.
- Some crowding in the school. While it certainly fits everyone, it's a crowded place overall.
- Lack of a tight knit community you might find at a smaller school.
- Large 1L classes. However, I should note the school makes an effort for 1L's to have at least 25% of their 1L classes with less than 50 people in them. But because of this, I think it can be more taxing on a professor's availability.
- 1Ls have to share lockers.