Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How have ppl "dealt" will their scores?  (Read 2368 times)

Severa

• Law Dog: waitin' for his name....
    • View Profile
How have ppl "dealt" will their scores?
« on: December 20, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »
I was wondering...how did ppl react to their first scores (or, alternately, how do they think they will celebrate/mourn their dec score)? I will start:

October test: crying on bathroom floor as visions of community law school dance over my head
Dec test: have a spot next to the sink all picked out with Kleenex nearby...

Anyone else?

itzjulz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How have ppl "dealt" will their scores?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:17:02 AM »
All I know is that I should probably disable my e-mail on my blackberry for the next 2 weeks, so that I don't get my score while I'm in the middle of a) a family holiday outing or b) drinking heavily at the bar with friends.  Finding out my score during either of those scenarios could be devastating to my self-esteem, not to mention my reputation as a mentally stable member of society :)
3.84/167

vandyprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 04:53:25 AM »
throw up my lunch then start drinking like usual

Jeepstress

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »
I've lived through 4 catastrophic illnesses, the murder of two friends, and an armed invasion of my workplace by a knife-wielding assailant who stabbed someone in front of me, therefore I will not be too affected by my LSAT score when I receive it. 

So when I get my score I'll just take a deep breath and wait for the schools to which I've already applied to make their decision.  No matter what it is, it's not the end of the world.

Craving Oyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 10:37:16 AM »
I've lived through 4 catastrophic illnesses, the murder of two friends, and an armed invasion of my workplace by a knife-wielding assailant who stabbed someone in front of me, therefore I will not be too affected by my LSAT score when I receive it. 

So when I get my score I'll just take a deep breath and wait for the schools to which I've already applied to make their decision.  No matter what it is, it's not the end of the world.

Damn. At least you drive a Jeep.
December LSAT: 162
LSAC GPA: 3.05 (3.65)

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
I love jeeps.

I dealt with my score with utter disappointment as it was at the bottom of my practice range... I was angry at the June 2007 test (legendary in its suck). I was determined to retake. Then my friends and family all called me crazy for being upset about 169 and I ended up at Michigan, so it turned out okay.
_______
.|E|R|S.

Jeepstress

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »

YUP, that's a lot of the reason behind why I bought such a fun vehicle!  That's mine in the avatar and, believe me, I've had a blast with it in all seasons.  It's usually full of dogs, too.  Four of them.  They crack me up.

I don't mean to trivialize the importance of this score, either.  But I'm in my forties, and over the years I've seen and been through a lot more stuff than I'd been through when I first graduated from college, so that's helped me put things in perspective.

The way I get over everything -- even a not-so-good-LSAT-score (if that is what I get) is to just HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS POSSIBLE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.  Jeeps help, for sure.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!

SavoyTruffleShuffle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 10:20:35 PM »
I was relieved that I got pretty much what I expected to get. Having to retake in December would've sucked.

nevdash

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - myxlastxbreath
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 11:27:32 PM »
Immediately registered and started prepping for a retake. The night we received scores was pretty difficult, but it only took a few days before the sadness and anger turned into motivation. Hopefully I won't have to deal with that feeling again in a week or two. :P
What's the deal with signatures?

Also, what's the deal with LSN?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/nevdash/jd

tahimik

• "Down with Shannen Doherty."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »

YUP, that's a lot of the reason behind why I bought such a fun vehicle!  That's mine in the avatar and, believe me, I've had a blast with it in all seasons.  It's usually full of dogs, too.  Four of them.  They crack me up.

I don't mean to trivialize the importance of this score, either.  But I'm in my forties, and over the years I've seen and been through a lot more stuff than I'd been through when I first graduated from college, so that's helped me put things in perspective.

The way I get over everything -- even a not-so-good-LSAT-score (if that is what I get) is to just HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS POSSIBLE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.  Jeeps help, for sure.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!

I like your attitude.  I wish I could find more posts similar to yours on LSD.  The sniping about schools, LSAT scores and applications can be overly dramatic at times.

Here's to hoping for a decent score!
Signs you are an LSD weirdo:

1. Posting on every single forum.
2. Posting the schools you are attending, will attend or want to attend.

Sucka.