Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 890 times)

Blair180

• View Profile
Quick Question
« on: December 18, 2008, 03:25:04 PM »
How important is it to mention the school name in the personal statement? I'm right at two pages and adding one word will make over.I'm debating taking out a sentence somewhere else in the statement to mention something about the school, but I'm not sure how important it is.

Also, if there's any volunteers to read it please message me your email address ;)
GPA: 3.88 LSAT: 160

baileypicks24

• Sr. Citizen
  • You have food, a roof, and security. Shut up.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »
I don't think its a huge deal, but I would probably try to fit in the school's name.

Is it a 2-page limit? Couldn't you mess with the margins? Font size from 12 to 11.5?

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »
Although it is probably a good idea to briefly include the school name somehwere, what is more important than including the school name is making it clear to the school why you would be an excellent candidate for their school and why it is that you want to go to their school.  Best of luck!

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com/law

Blair180

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
Thanks! I'm going to take both posts advice and mess with the margins/font to include a few sentences regarding why I want their school. Thanks!

modum03

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
How important is it to mention the school name in the personal statement? I'm right at two pages and adding one word will make over.I'm debating taking out a sentence somewhere else in the statement to mention something about the school, but I'm not sure how important it is.

Also, if there's any volunteers to read it please message me your email address ;)

I'd be willing to help you out Blair... i'm working on mine right now and hoping I don't have to cut or fool around with margins/font either.
My email is modum03@yahoo.com
Cheers.

Blair180

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 11:01:52 AM »
I'd be willing to help you out Blair... i'm working on mine right now and hoping I don't have to cut or fool around with margins/font either.
My email is modum03@yahoo.com
[/quote]

I've already submitted my apps, but I can help proofread or edit yours if you would like. I messaged you my email address. Happy holidays!