Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: February LSAT  (Read 2477 times)

pawnstar3

• View Profile
February LSAT
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »
I"m taking the lsat this february and will be applying to law schools for the fall 2009 semester- someone told me that it's harder to get into better schools if you take the february lsat - is this true? - has anyone else taken a february lsat and can shed some light on this?

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: February LSAT
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:00:50 PM »
Yes, you will be at a disadvantage.  Not every school accepts February scores, and a majority of people already have their applications in.  They will have less time to look at your application and a lot of spots have already been given away.  It doesn't mean you don't have a chance, but it does mean you will have less of a chance than if you applied with the same numbers in September. 

Sorry to be such a downer :(  You can try to apply this year, or have you considered taking a year off?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »
february test be hardest ever.

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »
 ::)
Ahhhh, It ALWAYS puts a smile on my face!!  I don't know what it is about you Julie??!!  I guess I just love funny/clever ladies.
If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers.  Can you imagine a world without lawyers?                         |
-Lionel Hutz

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
you fine american.

modum03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »
I"m taking the lsat this february and will be applying to law schools for the fall 2009 semester- someone told me that it's harder to get into better schools if you take the february lsat - is this true? - has anyone else taken a february lsat and can shed some light on this?

I would agree that it's harder if you think about it the perspective of the admissions process. Schools start looking at applications in November/December, though the bulk of many acceptances are sent out in Janurary and February. Considering you won't receive your Feb LSAT score until late Feb or early March, you're going to have to have everything ready to go or already sent in via the LDAS. I would say it might be more difficult because there are less spots available for those who apply later arguably making those last spots more competitive. No one can say exactly how much more difficult it is, if it is at all. I would just do your best on the Feb LSAT and make sure you have everything in beyond the test results before March 1st.
Cheers.