Law School Discussion

Updated Transcript?

Updated Transcript?
« on: December 18, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »
Okay, so I originally posted a stupid question, then answered it myself and deleted it. Now, my Fall grades are in and my GPA has gone up slightly. Does anyone think I should bother sending in an updated transcript so that I can have my GPA raised from 3.59 to 3.61. I'm thinking I should, but wondered if anyone thought it would be pointless?

Re: Updated Transcript?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »
My before/after senior fall GPAs are practically identical to yours. I'd say it probably isn't necessary, but it can't hurt. I submitted mine because I had a really bad junior spring and wanted to show an improvement in grades, but your circumstances might be different. I also discovered an error that the LSAC had made on my transcript around the same time, so I figured that they would need to send a new transcript anyway.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »
If you want to submit your transcript again, I say why not. I waited until my fall grades came in so that I could show the schools that i'm capable of studying for their psychotic test and pull a 3.6 for the semester. If it'll boost your gpa, then by all means, send it in. if you feel like it'll delay your process, then don't.

good luck.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 11:47:18 PM »
If you still have outstanding decisions, you should update them with your fall grades.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
I have an unrelated question about updated transcripts... I sent in an updated transcript and the LSAC site says it was received/processed, but when I click my academic report, it's still the same old transcript from before.  What should I do?