Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A little off-topic but to all my fellow gays:  (Read 1543 times)

kennedyposter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
A little off-topic but to all my fellow gays:
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »
WHAT THE HELL BARACK?! Rick Warren giving the invocation? Come on...he has called loving gay parents pedophiles and incestuous AND he has compared Christians who advance a social gospel to Marxists! Many of us have given the Obama campaign money, including myself, while those who support Rick Warren are for the most part the same people who have been accusing him of practicing Islam for the past 6 months! Ok, there's my rant. Had to vent.

margog85

• AOL Instant Messenger - mgogl27
    • View Profile
Re: A little off-topic but to all my fellow gays:
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
I know... my gf and I f-ing canvassed for him in PA, and this is kind of a kick in the stomach.
people are strange: they are constantly angered by trivial things,
but on a major matter
totally wasting their lives,
they hardly seem to
notice
-Charles Bukowski

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: A little off-topic but to all my fellow gays:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:05:44 PM »
its 30 seconds.  its not that big a deal, really.

if barrack is to be a president who brings the country together, he needs to bring the WHOLE country together.  i dont much care for warren and his homophobic ilk, but it really isnt that big a deal.  its POLITICS.  i dont give a damn who does a 30 second prayer or whatever.  i DO care about repealing DOMA and having an inclusive ENDA.  those things are important, a prayer is not.

besides it could have been worse, it could have been fred phelps!

imho its more important who gets the LAST word -- and its rev. joseph lowery, lgbt supporter, who will deliver the benediction

read what bil browning has to say about it here:  http://www.bilerico.com/2008/12/calm_down_rick_warren_is_not_that_big_of.php and http://www.bilerico.com/2008/12/forget_rick_warren_joseph_lowery_is_the.php
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD