Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: challenge to urm's  (Read 25085 times)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: challenge to urm's
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
A challenge to all NON-URMS:

Don't like (insert law school)'s affirmative action policies?  Don't go to (insert law school).

that logic is as weak as saying that people criticizing an action of the US Government should get out.

oh, hardly.  Just Wrong's logic is simply consumers exercising choice and choosing with their pocketbooks. 
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

SweetAsCandy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 02:20:01 PM »
I challenge all urm's to leave their race/ethnicity blank.  This way we will finally have a cycle where only the deserving get in.  As for the argument that urm status has put you at a disadvantage I point out that your aren't attending poorly funded city schools, you are attending colleges, which for the most part have amazing resources and funding.  The only urm's that should mark their status are those who have actually been slaves.  It is time that everyone should be judged on their merits and not on a rascist policy like AA.  Although I feel my challenge is just I am sure it will not be accepted, to many people are ok with acception handouts.

Why is it that you are railing against Affirmative Action and not against "Legacies" in the admissions process?

HAHA! Amen!
Well behaved women rarely make history.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 11:58:11 PM »
A challenge to all NON-URMS:

Don't like (insert law school)'s affirmative action policies?  Don't go to (insert law school).

that logic is as weak as saying that people criticizing an action of the US Government should get out.

oh, hardly.  Just Wrong's logic is simply consumers exercising choice and choosing with their pocketbooks. 

The customer is king, after all. Have it your way!
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »
I challenge all urm's to leave their race/ethnicity blank.  This way we will finally have a cycle where only the deserving get in.  As for the argument that urm status has put you at a disadvantage I point out that your aren't attending poorly funded city schools, you are attending colleges, which for the most part have amazing resources and funding.  The only urm's that should mark their status are those who have actually been slaves.  It is time that everyone should be judged on their merits and not on a rascist policy like AA.  Although I feel my challenge is just I am sure it will not be accepted, to many people are ok with acception handouts.

Why is it that you are railing against Affirmative Action and not against "Legacies" in the admissions process?

I challenge OP to use spelling/grammar check!   

Legacies at least seem very small in number. They're also jacked, but at least I can see the rationale there.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Kohinoor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 06:35:10 PM »
I decline your challenge. I just got a full scholarship to a T14. Have fun at whatever law school admits students that think acception is a word.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
 :D
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Who?

• Maybe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »
I tend to stay away from these threads because I have no desire to engage in online arguments but I just have to share a story.  I never really went to an underfunded public school (although one could consider all NYC public schools inadequately funded). I did have to deal with various forms of racism. At 6 I was told to go back to Africa when I didn't know what that meant. At 10 I was told by a friend his stepfather told him a "n-word is someone who steals a lot." At 13 I was told to reconsider my desire to become a lawyer because "the paralegal field is much easier to get into. At 21 I was told by my prelaw adviser to apply only to schools 15-30 with one of the T14 as my reach, because my URM status didn't mean anything to law schools. All of this happened between 1994 and 2009. Tell me when racism doesn't affect URM's and then I will stop checking African American on my applications.

Kohinoor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 12:21:13 AM »
I tend to stay away from these threads because I have no desire to engage in online arguments but I just have to share a story.  I never really went to an underfunded public school (although one could consider all NYC public schools inadequately funded). I did have to deal with various forms of racism. At 6 I was told to go back to Africa when I didn't know what that meant. At 10 I was told by a friend his stepfather told him a "n-word is someone who steals a lot." At 13 I was told to reconsider my desire to become a lawyer because "the paralegal field is much easier to get into. At 21 I was told by my prelaw adviser to apply only to schools 15-30 with one of the T14 as my reach, because my URM status didn't mean anything to law schools. All of this happened between 1994 and 2009. Tell me when racism doesn't affect URM's and then I will stop checking African American on my applications.
I'm not sure that last one was racism. Prelaw advisors are just uniformly unhelpful and uninformed.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 05:08:31 AM »
I'm not sure that last one was racism. Prelaw advisors are just uniformly unhelpful and uninformed.

TITCR. Prelaw advisers give out criminally bad information all the time regardless of skin color. Not surprising though, prelaw is a joke of a major, prelaw advisers just seem destined to follow suit.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
But you're not planning on addressing the other instances Who? talks about. I see.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.