Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: challenge to urm's  (Read 24004 times)

big east boy

• View Profile
challenge to urm's
« on: December 16, 2008, 08:51:22 PM »
I challenge all urm's to leave their race/ethnicity blank.  This way we will finally have a cycle where only the deserving get in.  As for the argument that urm status has put you at a disadvantage I point out that your aren't attending poorly funded city schools, you are attending colleges, which for the most part have amazing resources and funding.  The only urm's that should mark their status are those who have actually been slaves.  It is time that everyone should be judged on their merits and not on a rascist policy like AA.  Although I feel my challenge is just I am sure it will not be accepted, to many people are ok with acception handouts.

econtutorNV

• Sr. Citizen
  • Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: challenge to urm's
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:01:34 PM »
I challenge all urm's to leave their race/ethnicity blank.  This way we will finally have a cycle where only the deserving get in.  As for the argument that urm status has put you at a disadvantage I point out that your aren't attending poorly funded city schools, you are attending colleges, which for the most part have amazing resources and funding.  The only urm's that should mark their status are those who have actually been slaves.  It is time that everyone should be judged on their merits and not on a rascist policy like AA.  Although I feel my challenge is just I am sure it will not be accepted, to many people are ok with acception handouts.

Why is it that you are railing against Affirmative Action and not against "Legacies" in the admissions process?

I challenge OP to use spelling/grammar check!   
UGPA-3.33 LSAT-164

In- Tulane ($$), Baylor, USD, Santa Clara ($), IU-B ($), Loyola
Out-Minnesota. UIUC
WL-Notre Dame, Hastings
Pending- Emory, WUSTL, W & L, Davis, GULC PT, GMU, GW PT, UC-I (gotta dream, right?)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »
racial AA's due to expire in 2018 or so anyway.

2028, when we will live in a society free of the taint of racism.  Don't get ahead of yourself here.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:37:15 PM »

2028, when we will live in a society free of the taint of racism.  Don't get ahead of yourself here.

was grutter/gratz 1993 or 2003?  dammit, i must have been off by a decade.

2003.  Young people!  My goodness!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Holden Caulfield

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »

Please tell me this was part of your personal statement.

txn_20

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »
No way that happens OP.  Everyone preaches equality, until the chance comes for them to cash in on racism.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

lulz.

Thanks, Sandra!
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »
And people like this become lawyers...some things never change
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

Just Wrong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 03:17:11 PM »
A challenge to all NON-URMS:

Don't like (insert law school)'s affirmative action policies?  Don't go to (insert law school).

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »
A challenge to all NON-URMS:

Don't like (insert law school)'s affirmative action policies?  Don't go to (insert law school).

that logic is as weak as saying that people criticizing an action of the US Government should get out.