Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2008-2009 Black T-14 Acceptances  (Read 22858 times)

BJWriter26

Re: 2008-2009 Black T-14 Acceptances
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »
I already posted this elsewhere, but in at NYU!

macjags07

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 09:56:17 AM »
In at UMich. Got a big envelope yesterday with a nice handwritten note from Assistant Dean Sarah Zearfoss, flashdrive and  a UMich portfolio. I'm still in shock because this was completely unexpected. Soooo excited!

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
In at UMich. Got a big envelope yesterday with a nice handwritten note from Assistant Dean Sarah Zearfoss, flashdrive and  a UMich portfolio. I'm still in shock because this was completely unexpected. Soooo excited!

CONGRATS!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me.
Michigan 2L

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »
Congrats on all the acceptances. Would you guys mind posting your stats?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »
Congrats Mac!  That's awesome!!!
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »
I really liked the idea of this thread when it was first started by the OP:

I figured we should start this board so that everyone applying this cycle has a better idea of where everyone else within their stat range has been accepted. I'll begin...

Michigan Summer Start  
my numbers are:
3.5, 165
came via snail mail during early December

I'm applying in the next cycle and there really isn't a site geared towards URMS. LSN is filled with fudged numbers and half the time those people don't even come back to update their profile or simply delete the information entirely.

I kept up with this thread but it appears that it's basically taken a life of it's own with people posting accepatances but no stats to do comparative analysis. Come on - what gives? If you're only going to post the schools you've applied to without delving your stats, eagerly coming back to refresh us with the size and content of today's envelope, aren't you better off posting on the general board with the other T-14 threads?

P.S - Thanks to those who did post their stats.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »
I'm applying in the next cycle and there really isn't a site geared towards URMS. LSN is filled with fudged numbers and half the time those people don't even come back to update their profile or simply delete the information entirely.

I kept up with this thread but it appears that it's basically taken a life of it's own with people posting accepatances but no stats to do comparative analysis. Come on - what gives? If you're only going to post the schools you've applied to without delving your stats, eagerly coming back to refresh us with the size and content of today's envelope, aren't you better off posting on the general board with the other T-14 threads?

1.  This assumes that people wouldn't fudge their numbers here if they do fudge LSN. 

2.  This assumes that people won't put up their stats at the end of their application cycle.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

macjags07

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »

I figured we should start this board so that everyone applying this cycle has a better idea of where everyone else within their stat range has been accepted. I'll begin...

Michigan Summer Start  
my numbers are:
3.5, 165

My Numbers are: 3.66, 157. Yes...those are my real numbers. It was completely unexpected and I'm really excited about this opportunity to attend UMich.I feel truly blessed that the admissions committee put some serious consideration to my application.

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »

1.  This assumes that people wouldn't fudge their numbers here if they do fudge LSN. 

2.  This assumes that people won't put up their stats at the end of their application cycle.

I had a feeling you would reply having seen the frequency of your posts and the fact that you failed to post your stats and your LSN profile includes only a LSAT score. Schmeh.

1. Why assume? It's an ongoing thread. I don't think anyone is reading each post of a new acceptance and taking it in with a grain of salt under the assumption that the person is posting erroneous information.
2. Why wait till the end of the cycle? Isn't this an going thread that you yourself update with new acceptances? Why are you not waiting until the end of the cycle to update us with your complete acceptances/rejections.

I think the point of the thread is quite clear. Ongoing thread for URM's to post their stats and acceptances. If you don't want to post your stats I'm sure we'll survive...somehow :-\  If you failed to post it having not seen the original intention of the thread, well, I'm posting this to alert you  8). If you posted your stats. Well then, on behalf of future applicants and lurking prospective applicants, I salute you  ;D

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »

Michigan Summer Start  
my numbers are:
3.5, 165

My Numbers are: 3.66, 157. Yes...those are my real numbers. It was completely unexpected and I'm really excited about this opportunity to attend UMich.I feel truly blessed that the admissions committee put some serious consideration to my application.

Congrats! That is awesome. The best of luck to you!!