Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2008-2009 Black T-14 Acceptances  (Read 23243 times)

OG

• ... it's good to be the King!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-2009 Black T-14 Acceptances
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »
Received my first acceptance letter last night from Duke! Nice feeling knowing I won't go 0-for as far as T14 goes...

Adding two more to the list, UVA and Georgetown!! I'd like some love from the northern schools too...
Oh yeah, 162 and 4.0

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »
I had a feeling you would reply having seen the frequency of your posts and the fact that you failed to post your stats and your LSN profile includes only a LSAT score. Schmeh.

1. Why assume? It's an ongoing thread. I don't think anyone is reading each post of a new acceptance and taking it in with a grain of salt under the assumption that the person is posting erroneous information.
2. Why wait till the end of the cycle? Isn't this an going thread that you yourself update with new acceptances? Why are you not waiting until the end of the cycle to update us with your complete acceptances/rejections.

I think the point of the thread is quite clear. Ongoing thread for URM's to post their stats and acceptances. If you don't want to post your stats I'm sure we'll survive...somehow :-\  If you failed to post it having not seen the original intention of the thread, well, I'm posting this to alert you  8). If you posted your stats. Well then, on behalf of future applicants and lurking prospective applicants, I salute you  ;D

If you'd done a modicum of research, you'd see that I've posted my stats elsewhere. 

Also, your hall monitor schtick is cute.  But please, go cut yourself.  thx.

ETA: BTW, one reason to keep all pieces of information quiet until the end is if an applicant has distinctive numbers or schools as a way to keep a shred of anonymity.  It's one reason why I don't post all the schools on LSN to which I've applied.  When my cycle is over, I'll presumably have already made a decision and thus, more willing to go into particulars.  And since it really doesn't affect you right now, why do you care?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »
I had a feeling you would reply having seen the frequency of your posts and the fact that you failed to post your stats and your LSN profile includes only a LSAT score. Schmeh.

1. Why assume? It's an ongoing thread. I don't think anyone is reading each post of a new acceptance and taking it in with a grain of salt under the assumption that the person is posting erroneous information.
2. Why wait till the end of the cycle? Isn't this an going thread that you yourself update with new acceptances? Why are you not waiting until the end of the cycle to update us with your complete acceptances/rejections.

I think the point of the thread is quite clear. Ongoing thread for URM's to post their stats and acceptances. If you don't want to post your stats I'm sure we'll survive...somehow :-\  If you failed to post it having not seen the original intention of the thread, well, I'm posting this to alert you  8). If you posted your stats. Well then, on behalf of future applicants and lurking prospective applicants, I salute you  ;D

If you'd done a modicum of research, you'd see that I've posted my stats elsewhere. 

Also, your hall monitor schtick is cute.  But please, go cut yourself.  thx.

ETA: BTW, one reason to keep all pieces of information quiet until the end is if an applicant has distinctive numbers or schools as a way to keep a shred of anonymity.  It's one reason why I don't post all the schools on LSN to which I've applied.  When my cycle is over, I'll presumably have already made a decision and thus, more willing to go into particulars.  And since it really doesn't affect you right now, why do you care?

Dude, get real. I'm not going to be hunting around for your stats.

What's this? A .jpg just for me? Real original. I guess you really are one of those posters. XOXO anyone?

T.Dayne - This isn't about you. Hall monitor schtick? I was simply pointing out a deficiency in the thread. Don't wanna post your stats? More power to you. Perhaps you might want to keep your stats and other pieces of your application to yourself as it's just clogging up the thread. Perhaps they might be of some tangible use to someone else at the end of the cycle..perhaps. Nevertheless, the image posting and hall monitor call out is quite unnecessary  ::) Nevertheless, let's just end this here as not to further clog the thread. Best of luck in your cycle.

Once again, thanks to those who posted their stats. Let's keep em coming. I love this thread and wish every single one of you the best of luck in during the course of this cycle and in your future endeavors.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »
Dude, get real. I'm not going to be hunting around for your stats.

What's this? A .jpg just for me? Real original. I guess you really are one of those posters. XOXO anyone?

T.Dayne - This isn't about you. Hall monitor schtick? I was simply pointing out a deficiency in the thread. Don't wanna post your stats? More power to you. Perhaps you might want to keep your stats and other pieces of your application to yourself as it's just clogging up the thread. Perhaps they might be of some tangible use to someone else at the end of the cycle..perhaps. Nevertheless, the image posting and hall monitor call out is quite unnecessary  ::) Nevertheless, let's just end this here as not to further clog the thread. Best of luck in your cycle.

Once again, thanks to those who posted their stats. Let's keep em coming. I love this thread and wish every single one of you the best of luck in during the course of this cycle and in your future endeavors.

Don't want to hunt and just want the information presented to you upon demand?  In your words, get real.  And if you're too lazy to put in the barest of efforts, then don't female dog when people won't acquiesce.  I've been more than willing to share my stats with those who have PMd me either through LSN or LSD.  In fact, I took the time out to call someone recently (from here) to share a bunch of info about the law school process.  The fact that I don't help you is more a reflection of you than anything else.

As for the hall/post monitor comments, see the bolded for reference.

It wasn't too hard to find a picture to comment on the epic failure of your personhood though.  But I am proficient with Google and the Internet (as you have already pointed out, remember?).

In the end, I'mma keep doing me and you do the same.  If my posting bugs you so much because you don't know my GPA, feel free to keep on scrolling.

And with that, I'm done with this conversation. 

ETA: It's too bad though...I'm also a splitter-ish candidate and I probably could have helped you out as well.  C'est la vie.

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
Wrote a lengthy reply but just as well that it got deleted by accident.

Main Point:

You're clearly misunderstanding the point of my post which was for the posters to stay with the intent of the thread - Correlation of acceptances/rejections with stats. Want to post fake ones? Sure. Don't want to post because afraid adcomm is lurking? Sure. But over the past 3 years I've seen that alot of LSD'ers find the forum to be a safer haven to post their stats than LSN, which has been confirmed to be roamed by adcomms. Nevertheless, I would not chastise or berate someone for not posting their stats. It was simply about alerting those who were not aware of the thread's intent and had veered off with the likes of the fray who were posting their acceptances/rejections but had already previously posted their stats.

Whatever. I believe my target audience was reached - those who didn't post their stats unitentionally.

Lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. Has nothing to do with asking nicely, being nice. I don't believe I was disrespectful to any of the previous posters. T.Dayne's response was quite unwarranted IMO and her/his position as contributor to this site does not bestow upon her/him the right to insult new posters - even though I've been lurking on this site for 3 years.

T.Dayne - I think you're totally missing the point of my posts. I am not in need of your stats and would not go hunting for them because what am I to do with them exactly? I already have lots of LSN profiles PDF'd as reference tools and I have quite a great rapor with past posters who's cycles are already completed.

I do find alot of posters on here informative, TL is great and the others I have read are a breath of fresh air when you're not too sure about this admissions process. I have no dealings with T.Dayne but I've read enough of her/his posts to assure you that your posts always appear to be teethering on the edge of insulting someone or feeling insulted/slighted. Is this always necessary?

Anyway, good night and hopefully this thread gets back to the OP's objective when he/she created it.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 10:30:59 PM »
Congrats on all the acceptances. Would you guys mind posting your stats?

You should've stopped there.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 10:32:43 PM »

Hear, hear. 
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Vaio

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 05:48:00 AM »

Perhaps I should have. Felt it would get lost in the fray. Scmeh.

melbelle

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 07:30:54 AM »
Congrats to everyone! I'm usually over on TLS and have decided to visit for a bit. I'm a 1L at UVA, so if you have questions please feel free to PM me or reply to this post. My decision came down to Michigan, Northwestern, and UVA.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »
Hey Melbelle, I think my biggest question would be out of those three schools, why UVA?

[Original, I know ;)]