Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt Class of 2012  (Read 14308 times)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2012
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »
That is where she is going to be, or so says the dookie.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
I know it's early, but I can't be the only one who is favoring Vandy so much.  This is a forum for anyone who thinks their likelihood of being at Vandy next August is 'pretty good to very good'.  Also, anyone already at Vandy is more than welcome to offer some insight.

I am getting ready to move to Greater Nashville (my wife recently accepted an internship in the area).  We will be living in Hermitage, which is about 10 miles away from downtown Nashville.  Anyone familiar with this area?

I'm strongly considering Vandy, although by no means certain...At the very least I'm going to come to one of the admitted students weekends (Probably April). The final decision is going to depend on the rest of my cycle though.

gatornation

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
This thread should be much more lively.  Do the right thing kids, go to vandy.
Vanderbilt Law Class of '11

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 09:18:34 AM »
I may have seen some of you current Vandy law students in person yesterday.  I participated in the Commodore Classic, a mock trial tournament hosted by Vanderbilt.  Everyone who worked the competition was a Vandy Law student- anyone on this board take part in it?
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
My mock trial partner presided over your round, Lucas. You go to either Eastern or Western KY, right?
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
Yes, I go to Western Kentucky.  I spoke with him quite a bit after the contest- he was extremely friendly.  Next time you speak with him, tell him that the tall guy who was asking all of the questions really appreciates his helpfulness- I think he will remember me.

LSN

observationalist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Transparency
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »
I never knew we had a Commodore Classic... what was I doing 1L year???

JNSL, you still pushing through mock trial or is that over and done?

Oh, Lucas, I never managed to talk w/ the board members regarding resume drops. The next meeting is in a few weeks and I'll try and catch them then, but I still think you should contact Vandy alums at all the firms in town and see if they can help out.  Made the move yet, or you still hanging around in KY?

And alas, I don't see this thread becoming much of a place for 0Ls to congregate... TLS is way more active than LSD this year, for better or worse.
Vanderbilt University Law School Class of '10

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »
We lost in the semifinals last night.

And I passed it on, Lucas.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

SouthernBelle1L

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »
I've lived in Nashville most of my life. I'm still a pretty far from law school (applying for fall 2010, studying for the LSAT now), but Vandy is one of my all time top choices.

I currently work near the Hermitage area, though I live closer to the Vandy campus. I'm lucky, because I go the opposite direction of rush hour traffic each morning. Coming in from Hermitage could take you awhile at times (about 20-25 minutes in perfect conditions, 45-60 in traffic).

Not saying that Hermitage doesn't have its high points, but there are other equally affordable, more convenient, and less dangerous areas that this. Its no murder capital in that area, but its worse than some. I'd also look into Bellevue (affordable suburbia, lots of starter families, cookie cutter homes/condos, and chain stores), 12th South (trendy, up and coming, close to downtown, but still a little rough), Sylvan Park (don't know a lot about it, except that its popular with Vandy students), etc.

Truly great city to live in though. Fun nightlife, more to do than you'd expect. I wouldn't mind not leaving it for a few more years. Let me know if you need to know anything about the area!

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »
This year was the first for the Commodore Classic.  It was very enjoyable.

My wife and I have made the move to Hermitage; we have an 8-month lease, which means that if we decide not to go to Vanderbilt, we won't have to break the lease.  Hermitage is fine- could be better, but it could be a lot worst.  After our lease expires, I could see us moving to a different area.

LSN