Law School Discussion

Cardozo Law Early - January Alternative Entry program ADVICE NEDDED!

Hi,

I just got a phone call from admissions from Cardozo Law, I was accepted into the January alternative entry program.  Cardozo was a reach school for me and I didn't think I'd get in and so I just applied to the January alternative entry program as well.  Now that I got accepted, I'm in a bit of a bind.  If I do this January alternative entry program would there be any problems associated with this?  This is the only school that I know of that does this, so I have no info on it.  Any information about this early start program and Cardozo in general would be such a huge help to me.  They want an answer by Monday! HALP!

Thanks so much  ???

Re: Cardozo Law Early - January Alternative Entry program ADVICE NEDDED!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »
I applied to Cardozo this cycle and was considering the Jan. entry thing, but ultimately decided not to. It would essentially remove all my other options, given that I'd be starting there before I even get decisions from any other schools. I don't think there's really any problem with it other than that... It'd be cool to do law school in 2.5 years. Where else did you apply, are they offering you any financial aid, etc.?

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply!  I haven't been told of any money, if I didn't get any would they just not tell me?  how do they inform you usually?  My numbers are on the low side 158/3.53.  I wanted to stay in California, mostly southern cali.  I applied to loyola, pepperdine, san diego, santa clara, southwestern, uc hastings and I threw cardozo out there as a reach destination in NYC.  Do you think it might be a good idea to ask them if they could bump me from the jan program to the may program?  I wonder if they would do that.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
In a completely selfish motive.. I think you should turn them down! I'm waitlisted.. LOL