Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bush a Shoe-In (Iraqi Reporter Throws SHOES at President Bush)  (Read 2208 times)

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
Bush a Shoe-In (Iraqi Reporter Throws SHOES at President Bush)
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Any takers on if that reporter will be subject to American laws/prosecution?

??? ??? ???

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Bush a Shoe-In (Iraqi Reporter Throws SHOES at President Bush)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:39:23 PM »
not a very good reporter.  my guess is that he will be arrested and tried instead of just getting shot like saddam hussein would have done.. ;)

love that bush humor..."it was a size 10 shoe."
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »
I can't even lie....Bush ducked that shoe like a G!!!  Probably the best move he's made in his 8 years as president.  What a way to go out.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:38:20 PM »
He sure did dodge those bad boys! He could teach Plaxico a thing or two, the big dummy!
Aw gawd, the only modern day POTUSA that has had the disgrace of being egged (shoed) while in office...oh the shame! LOL LOL LOL ROTFLMAO! :D :D :D :D :D :D

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:24:31 AM »
...aye think that george w bush is now my second favorite president after theodore roosevelt...

...roosevelt hunted, shot, and killed more animals than most presidents...but he created the national bird preserve...co-founded the american bison association and preserved over 230,000,000 acres of territory for wildlife...he also pushed the cause of spelling reform with the simplified spelling board then wrote this sentence: "i could not by fighting have kept the new spelling in, and it was evidently worse than useless to go into an undignified contest when i was beaten. do you know that the one word as to which i thought the new spelling was wrong thru was more responsible than anything else for our discomfiture?" 

...george bush will long be remembered as the president who began office "undefined"...then he took "wrangler politics" into the middle east after an attack by facist guerrillas and kept the us safe during a time of uncertainty and global rogue terrorist activities. his simple language and texas accent added a dumbfounding deliberate danger to his words backing a resolve with military might and not soft diplomacy enough to push a genocidal murderer and his guerrillas into the wilds of waziristan...virtually--a geographical prison. after "wrangler ultimatums" and more military backing he freed mesopoetamia from a genocidal tyrant and empowered its people, particulary in the kurdish region...he bent north korea to soft diplomacy with the words, "axis of evil"...simple? yes. effective...yes...and time will tell just how effective..."don't tread on me" politics were needed and bush actioned them...now begins the gloaming of soft diplomacy.

...he will long be remembered by liberal democrats as "unflappable"..."unruffled" and "unfettered"...in a word, to democrats for the past eight years...george w. bush and his resolve was "unbreakable" and his political survival during his eight years of tenure..."enigmatic"...

...nobody touched bush and his plans...

...not one shoe...

...not even two shoes...

...if only lincoln had reflexes like my second favorite "language challenged" antipodean president.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Any takers on if that reporter will be subject to American laws/prosecution?

??? ??? ???

absolutely not.  it iraqi law he need worry about, to whatever extent iraqis care about such niceties.  (and if gump their example...)

sluglaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:57 AM »
not a very good reporter.  my guess is that he will be arrested and tried instead of just getting shot like saddam hussein would have done.. ;)

love that bush humor..."it was a size 10 shoe."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm

Oops.  Your guessing skills appear to be on par with your political compass.

At least the new American-backed regime has the courtesy to break his arm, ribs, and give him a severe beating, instead of just shooting him.  No word on whether he's been waterboarded yet.

logickills

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 12:55:19 AM »
they ought to auction off the shoes, donate the proceeds to charity, then fine that retard-o journalist for the same amount the shoes sold for.

i seriously think he's lucky a secret service agent didn't just drop him with a couple of bullets to the chest.  who the hell attempts an assault on the president of the united states of america?

also i dont know how much i trust that bbc article re: beatings.  the brother reports it.  he's probably just as f-ing crazy/stupid as his shoe-chucking brother. 
accepted: duke, georgetown, fordham $$, umich $$, nyu!, uchicago, uva, gw
pending: berkeley (rejected), yale (rejected), stanford, harvard, columbia (WL), upenn (WL)
lsn: logickills

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
they ought to auction off the shoes, donate the proceeds to charity, then fine that retard-o journalist for the same amount the shoes sold for.

i seriously think he's lucky a secret service agent didn't just drop him with a couple of bullets to the chest.  who the hell attempts an assault on the president of the united states of america?

also i dont know how much i trust that bbc article re: beatings.  the brother reports it.  he's probably just as f-ing crazy/stupid as his shoe-chucking brother. 

Secret Service was too busy playing sudoku on their blackberries or something, because this man got off not one, but two shoes before anybody even jumped up to say sh*t. 

Regarding your last question...quite a few people, actually:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Presidential_assassination_attempts

(and those are just the ones we know of)
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »
...aye think that george w bush is now my second favorite president after theodore roosevelt...

...roosevelt hunted, shot, and killed more animals than most presidents...but he created the national bird preserve...co-founded the american bison association and preserved over 230,000,000 acres of territory for wildlife...he also pushed the cause of spelling reform with the simplified spelling board then wrote this sentence: "i could not by fighting have kept the new spelling in, and it was evidently worse than useless to go into an undignified contest when i was beaten. do you know that the one word as to which i thought the new spelling was wrong thru was more responsible than anything else for our discomfiture?" 

...george bush will long be remembered as the president who began office "undefined"...then he took "wrangler politics" into the middle east after an attack by facist guerrillas and kept the us safe during a time of uncertainty and global rogue terrorist activities. his simple language and texas accent added a dumbfounding deliberate danger to his words backing a resolve with military might and not soft diplomacy enough to push a genocidal murderer and his guerrillas into the wilds of waziristan...virtually--a geographical prison. after "wrangler ultimatums" and more military backing he freed mesopoetamia from a genocidal tyrant and empowered its people, particulary in the kurdish region...he bent north korea to soft diplomacy with the words, "axis of evil"...simple? yes. effective...yes...and time will tell just how effective..."don't tread on me" politics were needed and bush actioned them...now begins the gloaming of soft diplomacy.

...he will long be remembered by liberal democrats as "unflappable"..."unruffled" and "unfettered"...in a word, to democrats for the past eight years...george w. bush and his resolve was "unbreakable" and his political survival during his eight years of tenure..."enigmatic"...

...nobody touched bush and his plans...

...not one shoe...

...not even two shoes...

...if only lincoln had reflexes like my second favorite "language challenged" antipodean president.

I don't know what's scarier - the fact that you believe that, or that you think those are admirable qualities.