Law School Discussion

on resume, use UGPA or LSAC GPA?

on resume, use UGPA or LSAC GPA?
« on: December 14, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »
i'm assuming UGPA, but wanted to see what others thought..

Re: on resume, use UGPA or LSAC GPA?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »
I would say LSAC, because that's what they use and care about.  If your UGPA is significantly different and there is a good reason for it, I might include that too with a short explanation

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »
I would say LSAC, because that's what they use and care about.  If your UGPA is significantly different and there is a good reason for it, I might include that too with a short explanation

sweet, thanks!  my LSAC GPA is .02 higher than my UGPA (not a lot, but it still makes me happy...). haha

Matthies

• View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »

sweet, thanks!  my LSAC GPA is .02 higher than my UGPA (not a lot, but it still makes me happy...). haha

For law schools LSAC GPA< for jobs and anything else the GPA your schools transcripts says

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »

For law schools LSAC GPA< for jobs and anything else the GPA your schools transcripts says

i was reading Anna Ivey the other day, and she says use your UGPA.  dang it.  what should i do? O.o

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »
I used my UGPA, since it was listed in the education section next to my university. The other transcripts I submitted were summer college courses I took in high school - it seems pointless to consider those in the GPA I listed on my transcript.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »
I put my degree GPA on my resume.  I also put the individual GPA from a university where I spent a year at next to that school on the resume.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
I used my degree GPA. 

If you list all the schools you attended on your resume, then you should use the LSAC GPA.  However, if you don't mention the courses/programs you were in that impacted the LSAC GPA, why should you use that GPA?

Degree GPA is the one to go with.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »
What was the reason she gave?

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »
she says it looks bad if you round or inflate your GPA (eg, writing 3.7 when your UGPA is 3.68, etc).  i dont see why that necessarily rules out using the LSAC gpa..but whatevs.