Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: on resume, use UGPA or LSAC GPA?  (Read 3409 times)

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
on resume, use UGPA or LSAC GPA?
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »
i'm assuming UGPA, but wanted to see what others thought..

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
Re: on resume, use UGPA or LSAC GPA?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
I would say LSAC, because that's what they use and care about.  If your UGPA is significantly different and there is a good reason for it, I might include that too with a short explanation
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:51:45 PM »
I would say LSAC, because that's what they use and care about.  If your UGPA is significantly different and there is a good reason for it, I might include that too with a short explanation

sweet, thanks!  my LSAC GPA is .02 higher than my UGPA (not a lot, but it still makes me happy...). haha

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »

sweet, thanks!  my LSAC GPA is .02 higher than my UGPA (not a lot, but it still makes me happy...). haha

For law schools LSAC GPA< for jobs and anything else the GPA your schools transcripts says
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »

For law schools LSAC GPA< for jobs and anything else the GPA your schools transcripts says

i was reading Anna Ivey the other day, and she says use your UGPA.  dang it.  what should i do? O.o

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »
I used my UGPA, since it was listed in the education section next to my university. The other transcripts I submitted were summer college courses I took in high school - it seems pointless to consider those in the GPA I listed on my transcript.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »
I put my degree GPA on my resume.  I also put the individual GPA from a university where I spent a year at next to that school on the resume.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
I used my degree GPA. 

If you list all the schools you attended on your resume, then you should use the LSAC GPA.  However, if you don't mention the courses/programs you were in that impacted the LSAC GPA, why should you use that GPA?

Degree GPA is the one to go with.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
What was the reason she gave?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
she says it looks bad if you round or inflate your GPA (eg, writing 3.7 when your UGPA is 3.68, etc).  i dont see why that necessarily rules out using the LSAC gpa..but whatevs.