Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Looking for criticisim...  (Read 1613 times)

lawapplicants

• View Profile
    • lawapplicants.com
    • Email
Looking for criticisim...
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
Hi all --

I am trying to start a site [http://www.lawapplicants.com] where law applicants [both pre-professional and matriculated]can anonymously display their application statistics to the web-community [yes, similar to lawschoolnumbers.com; but I my vision is distinctly different]. I am looking for criticism of the site as well as new members. Please sign up and keep the criticism constructive [things like grammar and spelling are WELCOME but I am specifically looking to tailor the site to your needs; broadly, what are you looking for - I knew what I was looking for when I applied, but what are you?]. Thanks and good luck!

lawapplicants

• View Profile
    • lawapplicants.com
    • Email
Re: Looking for criticisim...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »
No criticism?

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
criticism: your spam is annoying.
another criticism: see lawschoolnumbers.com

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »
Yeah, I still don't understand how this vision is "distinctly different" from LSN.

lawapplicants

• View Profile
    • lawapplicants.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 12:12:13 AM »
Yeah, I still don't understand how this vision is "distinctly different" from LSN.

I aim to compile the statistics instead of having users forage through them. But I need members first  ;). I think discussion boards like LSD are wonderful, I am in now way trying to compete with this type of board. I want to compile real user statistics and law school information in one spot with comment capabilities.

lawapplicants

• View Profile
    • lawapplicants.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 12:12:59 AM »
criticism: your spam is annoying.
another criticism: see lawschoolnumbers.com

I am not trying to spam. I am sorry that you feel that way. I am not promoting -- simply asking for feedback.

logickills

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:33 AM »
i could have sworn i wrote a response to this... where did it go?
accepted: duke, georgetown, fordham $$, umich $$, nyu!, uchicago, uva, gw
pending: berkeley (rejected), yale (rejected), stanford, harvard, columbia (WL), upenn (WL)
lsn: logickills

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 12:26:20 AM »
I saw your response, too. Bizarre.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »

I aim to compile the statistics instead of having users forage through them. But I need members first  ;). I think discussion boards like LSD are wonderful, I am in now way trying to compete with this type of board. I want to compile real user statistics and law school information in one spot with comment capabilities.

Wait, what? LSN DOES have statistics. They have graphs and it is almost entirely fully searchable and there are comment capabilities. I'm confused as to what this is adding. All the information seems to be the same.

Also, logickills, I think you posted on one of the other five million copy posts of this thread (seriously, OP, the shilling is incredibly annoying).

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
I kind of feel bad for lawapplicants.

He is having a tough time with the rough economy. In order to feed himself and his young infant children (the mom died tragically), he, in the American entrepreneurial spirit has decided to make a website. But no one is biting the bait. So he is left rattling his change-cup like a homeless man as we all sit here and degrade him. A silent tear falling from his cheek. Wondering how he is going to make ends meet for those who depend on him.
_______
.|E|R|S.