Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Two Questions About Fall Grades  (Read 560 times)

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Two Questions About Fall Grades
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
I just finished my fall term finals last week (undergrad) and I'm having my updated transcript sent to the LSAC. First, will the LSAC automatically forward my updated transcript to all my remaining law schools? Also, these grades represent a significant improvement over my previous two years, so I'd hate for a school to make a waitlist decision between now and the time they receive my updated transcript if the grades I got would have made a difference in the decision. Should I send some kind of note along to my remaining law schools, like something along the lines of "Hey, my fall term grades just came out and I'd like you to see them, so don't make a decision yet"? Thanks a lot for the help.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Two Questions About Fall Grades
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
1. When your file is updated with transcripts, letters of rec, etc, a new report is sent to schools automatically.

2. You can send a note, but if you're already complete and gone to committee, the school won't necessarily pull your file.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
So I probably just shouldn't worry about it? I'm only concerned about a few schools making a decision before they get my grades.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »
call the schools to see what they will do.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Live Free or Die

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:51:43 PM »
Yeah, that's what I figured I'd do. I went from getting a 3.0 last term (pretty hard term) to a 3.78 this term, so the change is pretty important. Thanks for the advice.