Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: good safetys needed  (Read 1131 times)

studybuddy

• View Profile
good safetys needed
« on: December 13, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »
URM with 3.7 gpa and lsat of 155-160. what are realistic safeties, midrange, and reaches???

ManhattanLSAT

• http://LSATblog.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT tips and tricks
Re: good safetys needed
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 06:39:28 PM »
check lawschoolnumbers.com

TimMitchell

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »
When you took the LSAT they gave you a range instead of an actual score? That's odd.....

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
Actually, the answer is going to change depending on the LSAT. Believe it or not, a what's a reach for a 155 may be a safety for a 160. So it's hard to say.

Any geographical preferences?
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

studybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »
def want to practice on east coast but will go to the best school available. the range is my estimate of my dec score. i know lawschoolnumbers is helpful but i dont buy into the urm factor. what u guys think?

TimMitchell

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »
Actually, the answer is going to change depending on the LSAT. Believe it or not, a what's a reach for a 155 may be a safety for a 160. So it's hard to say.

Are you the same woeisme on LSN? You and I have the exact same numbers and I also applied ED to Penn... looks like I'm crusing for a dinging as well  :(

studybuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »
no im not on lsn, i never got around to setting that up. prob over the break ill do it. btw i just sent out my stuff so its all regular admissions from here

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 08:49:36 PM »

Are you the same woeisme on LSN? You and I have the exact same numbers and I also applied ED to Penn... looks like I'm crusing for a dinging as well  :(

Ah. Ha. Yeah, that'd be me. Hey, it's okay, ... come to Cornell!  ;D
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

TimMitchell

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 08:52:01 PM »

Ah. Ha. Yeah, that'd be me. Hey, it's okay, ... come to Cornell!  ;D

Tell them to call me! I'm pretty sure I'm the last EA applicant who hasen't gone to decision

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:02:30 PM »
I would say that it would depend on what region you are looking for.  In the metro NY area, with those scores, Rutgers and Seton Hall might be good schools for you.  But - you should always make sure that there are schools you WOULD feel comfortable attending.  School is out in most places now but go visit their career planning centers and get statistics on where students go on graduation and see if that fits with your career goals.  Then, come the end of January, sit on a class and see if it is a place where you would be happy for three years!

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com/law