Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help! When should I take the LSAT?  (Read 1823 times)

lakers13

• View Profile
    • Email
Help! When should I take the LSAT?
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »
I am currently in the middle of my UG Sophomore year, when should I take the LSAT if I'm wanting to go straight to Law School the fall after I graduate in Spring of 2011?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help! When should I take the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »
Feb. 2010. I've long suspected that the Feb. LSAT always has the weakest takers, you'll have your applications ready to go out the minute you can submit them, and you can retake in June and Oct. if needed.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 05:16:35 PM »
Feb. 2010. I've long suspected that the Feb. LSAT always has the weakest takers, you'll have your applications ready to go out the minute you can submit them, and you can retake in June and Oct. if needed.
Isn't the curve determined by students' performance on those questions when they were experimental in years past rather than on the performance of the questions actually taking that exam?

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 05:24:15 PM »
Isn't the curve determined by students' performance on those questions when they were experimental in years past rather than on the performance of the questions actually taking that exam?

Yes, it is. At most, it's adjusted very slightly, in case a question is dropped from scoring.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 05:35:20 PM »

That's what they tell you, and that it's based on all previous LSAT takers' performances, but someone has to get 180s and someone has to get 120s, and everything in between. I know a lot of dumb f-ing people that have performed very well on the Feb. LSAT.

lakers13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »

Thanks, man. Also, I am looking hard into Florida State, I see you have the Seminole logo there. Anything you can tell me about it?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »

Thanks, man. Also, I am looking hard into Florida State, I see you have the Seminole logo there. Anything you can tell me about it?

Good man, and good choice.

I can tell you anything you want to know, just ask. In general, it's a great school with great opportunities, excellent professors, and a wonderful social scene. The weather is great. You'll work fairly hard, but you'll learn a ton. The university itself is great. I pay out of state at the moment and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

lakers13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »

I can tell you anything you want to know, just ask. In general, it's a great school with great opportunities, excellent professors, and a wonderful social scene. The weather is great. You'll work fairly hard, but you'll learn a ton. The university itself is great. I pay out of state at the moment and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Well, I am from Arkansas and am currently going to UG here, but I have always wanted to go to either Law or Graduate school at UF of FSU. I am a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, so I have a lot of connections at FSU. How is the Florida Bar, and is FSU also a prestigous Tax school like UF and Miami?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »

Well, I am from Arkansas and am currently going to UG here, but I have always wanted to go to either Law or Graduate school at UF of FSU. I am a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, so I have a lot of connections at FSU. How is the Florida Bar, and is FSU also a prestigous Tax school like UF and Miami?

The FL bar is ok, but be prepared for a lot of states to not waive you in if you passed the FL bar. We don't waive in people (most of the time), and so the other states reciprocate. But, that being said, it doesn't seem THAT bad.

FSU doesn't really have a dedicated tax program the way UF and UM do, but you can take plenty of tax classes here. You'll still have to go to UF or UM if you're looking for an LLM in tax.

lakers13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

The FL bar is ok, but be prepared for a lot of states to not waive you in if you passed the FL bar. We don't waive in people (most of the time), and so the other states reciprocate. But, that being said, it doesn't seem THAT bad.

FSU doesn't really have a dedicated tax program the way UF and UM do, but you can take plenty of tax classes here. You'll still have to go to UF or UM if you're looking for an LLM in tax.

Appreciate it bro, I'm not interested in tax that much, was just wondering. Also, how is Tallahassee compared to Gainesville, from a night life, quality of life standpoint?