Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.9 at a high T2, is biglaw completely out of the question?  (Read 12890 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2.9 at a high T2, is biglaw completely out of the question?
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 02:33:01 AM »

y give advice then...would you want someone who is completely ignorant on a subject giving you advice?

I'm up to speed enough. Why ask why if you can't be bothered to type it?

Also, please note that "somewhat" does not equal "completely". HTH.

your comment re the presence of biglaw in miss. and every state shows your complete ignorance. 

$100k will go a lot further in the South than CA or NY.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

CAlaw2010

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 06:46:16 PM »
I'm reviving an old thread, apparently, but wanted to write in to say chin up, good things can happen.  From my reading of blogs and forums and talking to friends, I realize that I'm extremely fortunate, but wanted to maybe give some hope to the disillusioned.

3L in IP at a low T2 with a good IP program.  Top 25%, law review associate (didn't care enough to apply for editor).  In the bloodbath of 2008 OCIs (for summer 09), sent 20 resumes, 6 first round interviews, 2 BigLaw callbacks, 2 BigLaw offers.  Took one of the summer positions at a V50 firm who ended up offer-lettering every CA summer (~95% offer rate nationwide), no deferral (starting Fall 2010) making a NY salary.  No, I didn't know the hiring partner or have famous relatives.

It can happen.  Don't count on it, but they're out there.

mnewboldc

• View Profile
    • No Record Press
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »
2008 OCI wasn't a bloodbath. 2009 OCI was a bloodbath. You got 20 interviews and six callbacks from top 25% at a low-ranked T2? Good lord. There are people on law review up here who got nothing from OCI in 2009.

For a T2 student with a 2.9 GPA in TODAY'S economy: there will be nothing out there for you. Nothing. Oh yes, there will be one or two students who manage to find something, and who will impart to you their tales of success by heroically trolling these boards. Remember there are 40,000 other law students who would tell you differently.
Cornell 2011