Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When should I take the LSAT?  (Read 971 times)

lakers13

• View Profile
    • Email
When should I take the LSAT?
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
I am currently in the middle of my UG Sophomore year, when should I take the LSAT if I'm wanting to go straight to Law School the fall after I graduate in Spring of 2011?

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: When should I take the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »
You should take it the summer between junior and senior years, or the November at the start of your senior year.

I'd recommend the summer between your junior and senior years - the June test will give you ample notice of your score before you start submitting apps, so you'll know where you're most competitive, and it gives you the opportunity to re-take in November if necessary.  But, you don't have the summer to prepare like you would in November.
Vandy Law 2011

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »
June 2010. If you don't like the score you get back in July, study for the last month or two of summer and retake in the fall of 2010. Make sure to get your applications in by the end of the fall semester.

Start studying about 6 months - 1 year before you plan on taking the test, and whip your studying into a frenzy (a) during winter break of Dec '09-Jan '10 and (b) as soon as school gets out in May '10.
_______
.|E|R|S.

lakers13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:03:16 PM »
June 2010. If you don't like the score you get back in July, study for the last month or two of summer and retake in the fall of 2010. Make sure to get your applications in by the end of the fall semester.

Start studying about 6 months - 1 year before you plan on taking the test, and whip your studying into a frenzy (a) during winter break of Dec '09-Jan '10 and (b) as soon as school gets out in May '10.

I appreciate the help guys

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »
I think senior year is too late personally, applying early can make up for a few points.