Law School Discussion

Do Post-Exam Feelings Correlate Well with Grades?

Do Post-Exam Feelings Correlate Well with Grades?
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:58:54 PM »
Very ambivalent about an exam.  It was easy, so the curve will be tough, I'm sure.  In that sense, I'm ambivalent.  But I'm also optimistic.

Re: Do Post-Exam Feelings Correlate Well with Grades?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »
It depends.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »
It depends.

In your experience, if you don't mind?  :)

ETA: I'm totally going to not eat for like two days before grades come out.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »
Stop trying to one-up me  :P

It varies quite a lot. I always think I did worse than I actually did. I'm usually only off by a step (I guess B, I get a B+). Occasionally I do far better than I expected. But I always underestimate my performance in everything (except with J's dad). I have friends who always think they did better than they actually did.

There are so many factors involved that it's very hard to accurately predict your performance. Also, some law professors just throw all of their exams down the stairs and assign a grade to each step.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 01:11:38 PM »

It varies quite a lot. I always think I did worse than I actually did. I'm usually only off by a step (I guess B, I get a B+). Occasionally I do far better than I expected. But I always underestimate my performance in everything (except with J's dad). I have friends who always think they did better than they actually did.

There are so many factors involved that it's very hard to accurately predict your performance. Also, some law professors just throw all of their exams down the stairs and assign a grade to each step.

Luckily, I wrote enough, in comparison to past model answers, to hopefully land on the bottom step.

Enjoy your break.  Thanks for the info. 

If so, I won't eat for three days!   :P

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:11:52 PM »
feeling you did well on a law school exam = you missed issues = you failed

Sorry Wally.  It's over.  kiss BIGLAW goodbye.  Kiss the Gary Indiana public defender's office hello.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 01:13:47 PM »

Luckily, I wrote enough, in comparison to past model answers, to hopefully land on the bottom step.

Enjoy your break.  Thanks for the info. 

If so, I won't eat for three days!   :P

Ah, but the bottom step might be failing. That's the trick.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »
pucker up wallace:

[img width= height=]http://i.treehugger.com/images/2007/10/24/gary%20steel%20works.jpg[/img]

Talk Is Cheap

• F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
I say, expect the worst. That way, you can never be disappointed. Good luck.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »
My bad, the Lake County Public Defender's office is actually in Crown Point, not Gary.  Nevertheless, I'm sure that most of your business will come from Gary.

I hear that building C is the best one.

http://www.lakecountyin.org/portal/media-type/html/group/public-defender/page/default.psml