Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who leaves exam room earlier???  (Read 4445 times)

neon

• View Profile
    • Email
Who leaves exam room earlier???
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
Subj, I am curious. And why would people do this? I have some students in my class who would start packing their stuff, books, laptop and clapping doors when leaving. And they do it 5 minutes before the actual time is called. I mean - c'mon. Are they in such a rush so that they need to distract everyone else to just save several minutes? Or do they do it on purpose?? Or to show off that "I am smarter, you are still writing your answers and I am done already" ?? I just hate it. And it is not being smart, the time is allocated for reason, and they end up missing issues. Usually those who use all the time given get better grades.

any thoughts?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who leaves exam room earlier???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
Put in ear plugs and quit whining.

Jake_MONDATTA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »
It is kind of a confidence thing.  I remember the same people in undergrad who were the first out during an exam were always the same people to talk loudly about how supposedly easy it was.  Then you'd find out later that they got a B- or something.  After grades it becomes:  "Yeah, it was totally easy.  I mean, if I actually tried I would have aced it."  Sure.

bottom line:  all that matters is how well you do.  take the time you need and don't think about the assclowns who think it's cool to slap their books around 5 minutes before the end.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 03:05:09 PM »
Nobody does that here.  I would imagine it's more of a sign that they don't give a @#!*.

neon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »
Put in ear plugs and quit whining.

I was sitting in the back row. And it's not that I am envious or something of them ending earlier. I just don't see the reason why they would do that.
I guess some law students are meant to be this way.

neon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
It is kind of a confidence thing.  I remember the same people in undergrad who were the first out during an exam were always the same people to talk loudly about how supposedly easy it was.  Then you'd find out later that they got a B- or something.  After grades it becomes:  "Yeah, it was totally easy.  I mean, if I actually tried I would have aced it."  Sure.

bottom line:  all that matters is how well you do.  take the time you need and don't think about the assclowns who think it's cool to slap their books around 5 minutes before the end.

I guess you are right. Some of them also have a habit of telling how they "didn't study at all" so that they have an excuse why they sucked in the end.
thanks for understanding.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »
Yesterday people were leaving starting halfway into the 3 hour exam. I thought that was inSANE. Are you telling me that you said everything you could possibly say in half the time it took everyone else?

Are you 1L's?

If so, honestly, they probably lost their *&^% and left.  We had a couple freak out and walk out 1L year as well.  It's an all-around dumb move, because you can't recover from a failing grade.

neon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »
Yesterday people were leaving starting halfway into the 3 hour exam. I thought that was inSANE. Are you telling me that you said everything you could possibly say in half the time it took everyone else?

I totally agree! when 1L, one of a student in my class left several exams halfway throught the time. And after that he would say "well I am just very smart!" I thought that was insane too ) You may be smart, in real world, outside lawshool. But in lawschool everybody is smart, and everybody competes. He got D- for most of his classes. Overconfidence may hurt.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »
Torts is just an issue race so if you leave early you are just hurting yourself.  It's about who can spot/type the most issues in several hours.

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
4 people left our conlaw test today with over 30 mintues left to go.  I went back through my multiple choice and found I mistake and corrected it.  glad I stayed to review.
University of Oklahoma '11