Law School Discussion

"Decision Pending" for binding early app at U. Chicago

Re: "Decision Pending" for binding early app at U. Chicago
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 02:27:41 PM »
the death was tragic but what i would have given to see a drunkard careening around the airport and then being like OH, I KNOW, I'LL HIDE IN THE TRASH COMPACTOR.

that's one of the only torts cases i remember besides the piano teacher who played on his students.

Haha yeah I remember the piano one too.  That one seemed kinda creepy.  That was one of my favorite things about torts....the fact patterns were always so weird/funny that they seemed made up.  The first animals case we did was something like a dog at a circus scared an elephant, the elephant went nuts and trampled some circus midgets.

Yeah, that one's great.  I hope the Levmore part of the unit has similarly awesome cases.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
Don't you feel terrible for the piano teacher, though?  It was probably a harmless gesture, though it does sound perverted when the trial court describes it -- something about making a glissando motion on her back, which caused her some sort of spinal injury.  Strange.

clairel

• UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »
levmore did less cases but was equally funny in different ways. we were talking about some fact pattern where someone lit a second fire to conceal evidence of the first and it took me a while to grasp the concept. levmore immediately guessed i was an older child (i'm actually an only child) because i wasn't devious enough to come up with a plan to conceal my original fire.

birth order and fire extinguishers in your car (less so in the past few years :'() are a big levmore thing.