Law School Discussion

"Decision Pending" for binding early app at U. Chicago

"Decision Pending" for binding early app at U. Chicago
« on: December 12, 2008, 11:54:46 AM »
My status just updated today.  "Decision Pending" for binding early application at U. Chicago (My ultra-super-duper-stretch-reach-impossible-school.  Any idea when my decision will come?  Any clue as to what the ad comm is doing right now?  My stats are poor so I'm expecting a rejection, but it should be my first decision, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Anywho, any info you all might have about this status would be helpful.

Re: "Decision Pending" for binding early app at U. Chicago
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 12:32:15 PM »
Bump

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »
i'm in the same boat.  i've been checking my status on the chicago website compulsively and just got the "decision pending" thing come up today.  i assume that it means they will make a decision within the next day or two, and then we'll find out either by email or phone right away, or a couple days later via snail mail.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
i'm in the same boat.  i've been checking my status on the chicago website compulsively and just got the "decision pending" thing come up today.  i assume that it means they will make a decision within the next day or two, and then we'll find out either by email or phone right away, or a couple days later via snail mail.

Yeah I was kind of thinking that they've made their decision but just need to "process" it and get it in their database or whatever.  At any rate I'm intrigued because your numbers are considerably better than mine, and I think you'll get in.  But at the same time I was sort of thinking that they would update the "accepts" on one day and the rejects on another.  So the fact that they have updating us both at the same time has given me the slightest glimmer of hope.  I would seriously give either one of my man-potatoes (but not both) to go to U. Chicago.  Left or right.  I'd give either one. :)

EZboy

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »

I would seriously give either one of my man-potatoes (but not both) to go to U. Chicago.  Left or right.  I'd give either one. :)

Wow dude. You want this badly. I want to go to law school, but I refuse to offer either of my man-potatoes.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 01:00:07 PM »

I would seriously give either one of my man-potatoes (but not both) to go to U. Chicago.  Left or right.  I'd give either one. :)

Wow dude. You want this badly. I want to go to law school, but I refuse to offer either of my man-potatoes.

Hey what can I say I'm all man.  One will get the job done just fine for me.  And to all you T-14 ad comm trolls out there, if you are interested in exchaning admission to your fine school in exchange for one of my fine, surgically removed man-potatoes, PM me and I'll get my application in. ;D

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 01:01:45 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence!  With Obama getting elected I wonder if applications are going up there.  Maybe you should submit an addendum regarding the testes-donation thing, you never know what soft factors might put you over the top  :D

Good luck!  Here's to us joining the Chicago class of 2012!

Yeah I was kind of thinking that they've made their decision but just need to "process" it and get it in their database or whatever.  At any rate I'm intrigued because your numbers are considerably better than mine, and I think you'll get in.  But at the same time I was sort of thinking that they would update the "accepts" on one day and the rejects on another.  So the fact that they have updating us both at the same time has given me the slightest glimmer of hope.  I would seriously give either one of my man-potatoes (but not both) to go to U. Chicago.  Left or right.  I'd give either one. :)

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »
If they reject me, I'll submit that addendum and ask them to reconsider their decision.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!  With Obama getting elected I wonder if applications are going up there.  Maybe you should submit an addendum regarding the testes-donation thing, you never know what soft factors might put you over the top  :D

Good luck!  Here's to us joining the Chicago class of 2012!

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 01:04:24 PM »
Good luck, guys.  If you ever have questions or need anything, let me know.  There are a lot of friendly UChicago Law posters on this website.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »
Ehh, do you happen to be one of these friendly Uchicago Law posters?  You know anything about the "decision pending" status?  HAve any idea when our decisions will be forthcoming?

Good luck, guys.  If you ever have questions or need anything, let me know.  There are a lot of friendly UChicago Law posters on this website.