Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which LSAT prep course would you suggest??  (Read 4062 times)

demo2limo

• View Profile
    • Email
Which LSAT prep course would you suggest??
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
I'm taking the LSAT in September and will be taking a prep course next summer. All of your help is appreciated. As you all know, this is a big decision and I don't want to waste $1200. Thanks

aceinthehole

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Which LSAT prep course would you suggest??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »
Blueprint for sure. I took it with them and they were great. The instructors really cared about our progress and would always stay after class to answer questions or help us with certain things. Also, not only did they know the LSAT inside and out, the instructors were really cool people. They would make class really fun. On top of that, all of the people that work in the office were so nice and always helpful. You really can't go wrong with Blueprint. I know people that took both Blueprint and Testmasters and all of them say Blueprint was by far much better. As for Kaplan and those other ones that I don't even know their name, their methods are just bland and mundane, those guys should stick to SAT prep because the LSAT is a whole other species. So anyway, good luck with what ever you choose!

ManhattanLSAT

• http://LSATblog.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT tips and tricks
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
Self-study - there are plenty of books out there that can help you. The majority of posters on here tend to recommend the Powerscore Bibles. Also check the updated version of the ultimate Guide to LSAT Links (stickied at the top of the forum) for more information.

Courses are best for people who lack the motivation to self-study and need a set schedule every week. You may be better off forming a study group in your neighborhood (Craigslist might help here) or going with a private tutor - much better use of your $1200, in my opinion.

aceinthehole sounds like a shill - only has two posts and making a gushing remark like that is pretty suspicious. aceinthehole, surely you didn't find your course to be 100% perfect, did you?

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »
Blueprint for sure. I took it with them and they were great. The instructors really cared about our progress and would always stay after class to answer questions or help us with certain things. Also, not only did they know the LSAT inside and out, the instructors were really cool people. They would make class really fun. On top of that, all of the people that work in the office were so nice and always helpful. You really can't go wrong with Blueprint. I know people that took both Blueprint and Testmasters and all of them say Blueprint was by far much better. As for Kaplan and those other ones that I don't even know their name, their methods are just bland and mundane, those guys should stick to SAT prep because the LSAT is a whole other species. So anyway, good luck with what ever you choose!

This was funny.

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 04:04:53 PM »

Pretty hard to reconcile this description of these folks with what I read about them in the court briefs.  Of course, if a really fun class is the reason you are taking LSAT prep . . . .
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

baragon112

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »
The best advice I could give you is this. Try self studying first. Buy some prep tests and the powerscore bibles. See if you can learn on your own. If you are having problems, then take the class.

LSAT All Star

• Sr. Citizen
  • Keeping it simple
    • View Profile
    • All Star Test Prep
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »
The best advice I could give you is this. Try self studying first. Buy some prep tests and the powerscore bibles. See if you can learn on your own. If you are having problems, then take the class.

This is good advice.  All I would add add is to review LSAC's Superprep first.  Definitely do not waste your time or money on bookstore or other crap. 
Visit us at allstartestprep.com

aceinthehole

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 04:01:52 AM »
haha I know people probably think I'm really a cover for blueprint because of my post, but I'm seriously just someone who took their class and had a good experience. Obviously it wasn't 100% perfect, but is anything? Also, I only have 2 posts because I just found out about this site. Cheers!

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 04:05:31 AM »
I actually echo ace's comments about BP.  I thought they were wonderful.  I don't have experience with TM so I can't compare them head to head, but I think the money I spent on a BP course was money well spent.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

demo2limo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Thankyou all for your advice. I live in Dallas and Blueprint doesn't offer a course here. Testmasters and Powerscore offer classes here (Kaplan and PR as well). What would you suggest I do here. I have the Logical Ressoning Bible and plan on getting the others. What were some of your results? -Blessings