Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Making donation to law school  (Read 1601 times)

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
Re: Making donation to law school
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »
this thread rocks my socks.

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »
But if you staple it to the app, make sure it's all $1 bills.  Looks a lot more impressive that way.  Borrow a staple gun if you have to to make this work.

TITCR.
I beg to differ on the $1 bills. We all know what the admissions office employees will do. Staple a bag of the finest columbian coke and prove you're the kind of guy who would fit in at a high power law firm. ;D ;D
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »
Funny.

not kidding

Well, in that case, I think $3000 should be sufficient.  If you really want to impress them, give them $3000 worth of Euros (roughly 1500 euros).  I mean, it's a much more stable currency than the dollar and they'll be impressed with your financial acumen and forward-thinking.

Also, don't be tacky and put this on your resume.  This is clearly an issue for your Diversity Statement.

Just staple the 3k to your app more effective

I just shot soda all over my keyboard.

We all know that wasn't soda.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:30 AM »
Staple a bag of the finest columbian coke and prove you're the kind of guy who would fit in at a high power law firm. ;D ;D

Coke from the prestigious ivy-league school?  I'm sure it's good.  They certainly can afford it...
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »
Instead of $3K, how about you donate $100K over three years?

But make sure you make the donation a condition of your acceptance.  Tell them you will only pay them the money if they accept you to their law school, allow you to attend class, take exams, and award you a degree if you pass all the classes.

You'll have them eating out of your palm of your hand.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 11:45:21 AM »
I think you guys are going about it wrong... don't give them all of the $3,000 at once.  Paperclip ten hundred dollar bills to your personal statement, then, at the bottom of your personal statement, write: P.S. There's more where that come from...

That'll do it for sure.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

legalese_retard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
For those who would actually (seriously) consider doing this, DONT. It's not about money when it comes to admissions (believe me, the school has thousands of other applicants who are more than willing to fork up the thousands of dollars to attend their school). Your character would be shot to hell if you tried to "donate" your way into their school. You have to look at it from the law school's perspective? What will keep you from stapling a check to your law school final or to the MSJ you are filing with a judge. I doubt a law school is going to want to admit someone who will probably be involved in some kind of an extortion or black mailing scheme in their future legal career.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 12:58:20 PM »
For those who would actually (seriously) consider doing this, DONT. It's not about money when it comes to admissions (believe me, the school has thousands of other applicants who are more than willing to fork up the thousands of dollars to attend their school). Your character would be shot to hell if you tried to "donate" your way into their school. You have to look at it from the law school's perspective? What will keep you from stapling a check to your law school final or to the MSJ you are filing with a judge. I doubt a law school is going to want to admit someone who will probably be involved in some kind of an extortion or black mailing scheme in their future legal career.

I think that if someone actually was dumb enough to staple a check to their appplication, a law school questioning their character should be the least of that person's concerns.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

TEA LEAF

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »
nonono. you guys have it all wrong.  Say the donation makes me a "Dean's Associate" or whatever it may be called by the school.  Also, whatever I donate will be matched 1:1 by my company.  Let's not even get into stapling anything to an app... like I wouldn't apply electronically pffft.  I agree it could be viewed as a shot at the applicant's character, but let's say I live in the same area as the school and just REALLY like what they do.   ::)  No help?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 04:29:30 PM »
nonono. you guys have it all wrong.  Say the donation makes me a "Dean's Associate" or whatever it may be called by the school.  Also, whatever I donate will be matched 1:1 by my company.  Let's not even get into stapling anything to an app... like I wouldn't apply electronically pffft.  I agree it could be viewed as a shot at the applicant's character, but let's say I live in the same area as the school and just REALLY like what they do.   ::)  No help?

Then you aren't serious about what it takes to get into the law school.  I mean, you can try to get in on your own merits, but that's no fun.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French