Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Go Thomas Jefferson School of Law! On the Rise... :)  (Read 9333 times)

like_lasagna

• View Profile
Re: Go Thomas Jefferson School of Law! On the Rise... :)
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 05:27:51 PM »
The statement was that ranking does not matter. It obviously, obviously does. Other things might matter too, but rankings do matter and you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

lsdreamer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Go Thomas Jefferson School of Law! On the Rise... :)
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 03:16:23 AM »
Oh Lord, people. Really?  Yes-rankings matter...TO A POINT. Does that make you ranking climbers happy? Of course rankings matter. We all know they do. My point is they are not EVERYTHING. I don't like that people come on here bashing lower ranked schools, and spout completely false facts about job prospects if you go to a T3 or T4. The message repeated over and over on here is ranking is everything. I'm merely stating that it is not. Can you really argue with that?

And to the person w the smart a$$ comment, asking about how I personally feel that my school is being sued?  ???You should get your facts down before you make comments like that. Have you read the complaint? It's laughable and will undoubtedly be thrown out. Suing someone does not make it true. You should know better than that. The lawsuit is by a disgruntled student complaining, in a horrible economy (especially for legal jobs), that she didn't get a job post-law school, even though the career center said if she got good grades she'd "get a job". What the plaintiff failed to rule out was her job experience (or lack thereof), her own personality, her interviewing skills, etc...Additionally, I worked closely w the career center over the 3 years I attended TJSL and they never once guaranteed me anything. That wasn't their style. They just said to work hard and went out of their way to help us all w resumes, networking, and securing internships. It wasn't that kind of vibe at the career center. The people working there were/are down to earth, kind people and I think the plaintiff in this case is really off the mark. This lawsuit is someone crying sour grapes and I think it's shameful. That's my opinion about that silly lawsuit.

It's amazing how, when someone tries to encourage others on here, a few negative people always jump out to make these types of comments. Can't we all just get along? ;)
To end on a positive note, anyone considering going to a T3 or T4...go for it-but do so knowing you need to work hard to network, get good grades, and get job experience during law school. Don't let anyone shoot down your dreams. All my best. :)