Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please take a look at my LSAT addendum  (Read 10500 times)

kingofcool

• View Profile
Re: Please take a look at my LSAT addendum
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 09:32:44 AM »
How do you format an addendum?

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »
I've only read the first sentence, but I recommend adverbs.  "I did badly" or "I did not do well."

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed too.

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »
I took the October 2008 LSAT and to put it simply, I did bad.  Some unforeseen events occurred that led forced to me to leave the room during the reading comprehension section and come back to frantically bubble in B for over a dozen answers and return with little time to finish.  The same incident arose in the next section, where I bubbled in nearly 10 answersLuckily this section was experimental or else my already subpar score would have been much less.  Both of these events can be seen in my LSAT answer sheet report from LSAC. When I retook the LSAT I did not have this problem, and my score increased significantly.
 I feel that my score of XXX in no way represents how well I would succeed in Law school.  Looking back on my October 2008 LSAT I should have cancelled immediately but my curious mind needed to see what damage had been done.  Upon receiving my score I signed up for the December 2008 LSAT without delay.  I believe my December score of XXX corresponds to my abilities much better and hope that I will still be considered for admittance into the XXXXXXXX College of Law. 

Just a start. Elaborate on the underlined part. If it's explosive diarrhea or something then just say you were sick. but at least say that.

Oh, how I love the term "explosive diarrhea"   ;D ;D ;D

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 01:32:36 PM »
How do you format an addendum?

I would just do it in simple paragraphs...or one big one, as it is supposed to be a SUMMARY.  ;)

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »
Your application is an opportunity for you to make the best first impression you can.  As a result, it is always a good idea to focus on the positive, rather than the negative.  That's why I would recommend starting off with something like "I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the improvement in my performance between ___ and ___. Although I started off with ___, I was able to really improve my score with a lot of hard work and effort.  I am confident that I will have even greater success upon admittance to ___ law school."  (or something to that effect). That way, you are downplaying the fact that you might have done badly and trying to focus their attention on what you did do well.  Good luck! 

Alisa Greenstein | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com/law

wally2002

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »
Hey Brick Tamlam. You're annoying

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
Just say that you had a severe allergic reaction, and had to leave the room. You thought you could finish, but you should've canceled your score. That simple. No big excuses, just tell them what happened. Your higher score speaks for itself.

Word.
Agreed. The vague way you wrote it leaves people to speculate on the "unforeseen events."  I imagined you were running off to the bathroom for half the test. 
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php