Law School Discussion

Please take a look at my LSAT addendum

Please take a look at my LSAT addendum
« on: December 10, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »
I wrote an addendum for my low Oct. LSAT score, and yes I'm aware the Dec. scores aren't out but I'm 95% sure I did better.  Just looking for some input... anything helps.  I tried not to sound like I was making excuses so please let me know if I succeeded in doing that! Thanks in advance.

I took the October 2008 LSAT and to put it simply, I did bad.  Some unforeseen events occurred that led to me to leave the room during the reading comprehension section and come back to frantically bubble in B for over a dozen answers.  The same incident arose in the next section, where I bubbled in nearly 10 answers.  Luckily this section was experimental or else my already subpar score would have been much less.  Both of these events can be seen in my LSAT answer sheet report from LSAC.
 I feel that my score of XXX in no way represents how well I would succeed in Law school.  Looking back on my October 2008 LSAT I should have cancelled immediately but my curious mind needed to see what damage had been done.  Upon receiving my score I signed up for the December 2008 LSAT without delay.  I believe my December score of XXX corresponds to my abilities much better and hope that I will still be considered for admittance into the XXXXXXXX College of Law. 

zippyandzap

• Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
Re: Please take a look at my LSAT addendum
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:31 PM »
I've only read the first sentence, but I recommend adverbs.  "I did badly" or "I did not do well."

zippyandzap

• Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »
I wrote an addendum for my low Oct. LSAT score, and yes I'm aware the Dec. scores aren't out but I'm 95% sure I did better.  Just looking for some input... anything helps.  I tried not to sound like I was making excuses so please let me know if I succeeded in doing that! Thanks in advance.

I took the October 2008 LSAT and to put it simply, I did bad.  Some unforeseen events occurred that led to me to leave the room during the reading comprehension section and come back to frantically bubble in B for over a dozen answers.  The same incident (wasn't really the SAME incident, was it?  probably a repeat) arose in the next section, where I bubbled in nearly 10 answers. (The secretiveness feels weird.  Do tell.  If it's something kinda crude find a way to phrase it more nicely (for example diarhea = unexpected digestive issues)  Luckily (Fortunately,) this section was experimental or else my already subpar score would have been much less (lower).  Both of these events can be seen in my LSAT answer sheet report from LSAC. (Can the EVENTS really be seen, or just the effects?)
 I feel that my score of XXX in no way represents how well I would succeed (how well I would do or how much I would succeed... the wording you have is awkward- yeah I never know how to spell that word) in Law school (law school or Law School... there's probably a convention but I'm too exhausted).  Looking back on my October 2008 LSAT I should have cancelled (canceled) immediately but my curious mind needed (needed?  too strong of a word.  the first half of the sentence is apologetic, while the latter part makes excuses) to see what damage had been done (overdramatic, how about to see how I had done).  Upon receiving my score I signed up for the December 2008 LSAT without delay.  I believe my December score of XXX corresponds to (represents?) my abilities much better (more accurately?) and hope that I will still be considered for admittance into the XXXXXXXX College of Law. (don't even suggest that you won't be considered. ' hope that my December LSAT will be weighed more heavily given the extenuating circumstances of the October exam,' or something along those lines). 

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:20:50 PM »
that is a grammatical nightmare. reread it, or read it out loud, and if you don't trash it entirely, edit it until it is unrecognizable.

the second sentence says, "Some unforeseen events occurred that led to me to leave the room during the reading comprehension section and come back to frantically bubble in 'B' for over a dozen answers." this also isn't a great excuse because you should have canceled your score. blaming your poor judgment on your "curious mind" just makes you seem immature.

ETA: it also is apparent that you didn't use spell check. you must be really serious about this addendum.

and there's no need to talk about how poorly you did on the experimental if law schools will never find out.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:29:18 PM »
Yes, I put it together in about 3 minutes so this is expected.  Care to reiterate on other errors? Thanks again.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »
Yes, I put it together in about 3 minutes so this is expected.  Care to reiterate on other errors? Thanks again.

No. Why don't you follow UPenn ftw's lead and write a good addendum instead of having us do it for you? Then when you have something respectable put together, maybe people will be more willing to give you feedback.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

No. Why don't you follow UPenn ftw's lead and write a good addendum instead of having us do it for you? Then when you have something respectable put together, maybe people will be more willing to give you feedback.

Why do you have to be such an @$$ about it?  Never did I tell you to write an addendum for me.  I simply put some thoughts out about my own addendum and was looking for some quality responses. Go back to your lonely seat in the corner of the local tavern and pretend you have friends.

zippyandzap

• Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 08:37:08 PM »

Why do you have to be such an @$$ about it?  Never did I tell you to write an addendum for me.  I simply put some thoughts out about my own addendum and was looking for some quality responses. Go back to your lonely seat in the corner of the local tavern and pretend you have friends.

To be fair as I offered my thoughts I did feel like I was writing it for you.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »

To be fair as I offered my thoughts I did feel like I was writing it for you.

When did I tell you to do that?? I do thank you for giving some feedback but I didn't tell you to write it for me.  Nice try though.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:42:06 PM »
I took the October 2008 LSAT and to put it simply, I did bad.  Some unforeseen events occurred that led forced to me to leave the room during the reading comprehension section and come back to frantically bubble in B for over a dozen answers and return with little time to finish.  The same incident arose in the next section, where I bubbled in nearly 10 answersLuckily this section was experimental or else my already subpar score would have been much less.  Both of these events can be seen in my LSAT answer sheet report from LSAC. When I retook the LSAT I did not have this problem, and my score increased significantly.
 I feel that my score of XXX in no way represents how well I would succeed in Law school.  Looking back on my October 2008 LSAT I should have cancelled immediately but my curious mind needed to see what damage had been done.  Upon receiving my score I signed up for the December 2008 LSAT without delay.  I believe my December score of XXX corresponds to my abilities much better and hope that I will still be considered for admittance into the XXXXXXXX College of Law. 

Just a start. Elaborate on the underlined part. If it's explosive diarrhea or something then just say you were sick. but at least say that.