Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long do LOR stay on LSAC?  (Read 1667 times)

DJNLaw

• View Profile
How long do LOR stay on LSAC?
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
I am a 3rd year and am planning to take a year off. This means that I will not be applying to law school until fall 2010. I have a professor that said she would write me a LOR. I want her to write the letter now because I am just finishing her class. How long do LOR stay active on LSAC? Or is there some other solution to my problem?

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How long do LOR stay on LSAC?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
Pretty sure your LSDAS account lasts for five years, so your recs should stay there for 5 years.

Alternatively, depending on how big your school is, your pre-law office could create a dossier for you. My pre-law office offers to do this for people who know they are taking time off. Professors send the recs to them (with the LOR forms, of course) and the pre-law office sends them in to LSAC when you are ready to apply.

There are also other dossier services like Interfax (might be getting the name wrong)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: How long do LOR stay on LSAC?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:00:03 PM »
I am a 3rd year and am planning to take a year off. This means that I will not be applying to law school until fall 2010. I have a professor that said she would write me a LOR. I want her to write the letter now because I am just finishing her class. How long do LOR stay active on LSAC? Or is there some other solution to my problem?

Ditto HB.

Also, if your UG is like mine and doesn't have a prelaw office/adviser, try contacting your college Career Center.  They should have a letter of recommendation file service.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French