Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: does the bar look at your applications?  (Read 738 times)

justice4u

• View Profile
    • Email
does the bar look at your applications?
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:19:46 PM »
Does the bar look at your applications when reviewing your character. look for discrepancies between them and then count it against you or do they only look at the application to the school you have enrolled?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: does the bar look at your applications?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »
Does the bar look at your applications when reviewing your character. look for discrepancies between them and then count it against you or do they only look at the application to the school you have enrolled?

Seriously?  Is your moral compass that broken that you think it would be OK to lie on apps...but only if you're not caught??
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

They also look at the grammar and readability of your LSD posts. Ouch, that hurt my eyes.
Best of luck to everyone!

justice4u

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
It is not about lieing. I sent in several applications last year under one ethnicity but recently discovered that my father is actually part Native American so i don't know if i should put that in the new applications or ommit it since it was not in the previous ones.  

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
When in doubt, talk to your school and your state's bar. It sounds like you might actually have some legit reason for needing to amend your application besides the usual "I forgot about those 15 DUIs".
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »
It is not about lieing. I sent in several applications last year under one ethnicity but recently discovered that my father is actually part Native American so i don't know if i should put that in the new applications or ommit it since it was not in the previous ones.  

Are you a member of a tribe? If not, then it doesn't matter.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »

There are loads of people who are "Native American."  If you're looking for an admissions bump, I doubt it would be present unless you have some form of tie to the culture that you can demonstrate through your PS/DS. 
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 11:06:19 PM »

There are loads of people who are "Native American."  If you're looking for an admissions bump, I doubt it would be present unless you have some form of tie to the culture that you can demonstrate through your PS/DS. 

If you check NA on apps, they ask you for your tribal affiliation and proof. It's not like black or Hispanic where you can just identify yourself as such and that's good enough.