Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 34M, Looking for LS Advice  (Read 3026 times)

r6_philly

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 34M, Looking for LS Advice
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 01:49:12 AM »
tbrewing, I am hoping to do the same as you when it come to doing consulting work in school, but I was hoping to do more. Why can't you find the time to do outside work, if you could help me understand. Right now I frequently work until 2am for coding/dba work because I only work on our transaction server afterhours, I figure if I can get done with school work before 10pm I can put in a few hours working... lol am I really dreaming as the others on here suggest? lol thanks

tbrewing

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »
Why can't you find the time to do outside work, if you could help me understand.

because studying to the point where I felt prepared was taking all of my time.  there simply was no time left over in my days to do any work.

robelguapo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 01:13:55 AM »
I've read until literally nauseous...and still wasn't done/ready. :) I can't fathom working and full time LS too.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 02:00:56 AM »
Although the Masters might help a little, but from talking to many dean's at different law schools they all seem to be in agreement that going to grad school to make your app look good for law schools IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. Your work experince will help your GPA and an addendum to explain how your divorce affected your grades will take care of that. Lsac calculates all the classes you took as an undergad (up until the day your first degree is conferred), even the original and second grades you got for all classes you retook. So regardless of your school counts that in or not LSAC does that so all the law schools know that has been factored in whey they are looking at your LSAC grades (which they go by)

If you can do well on the LSAT you might have a shot at some decent schools. If you think you are going to do really well in law school, you might be better of to go to the best school you can get it and transfer to a better school than going to grad school.
Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!