Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DU Admission  (Read 4106 times)

CF25

• View Profile
DU Admission
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »
I'm applying this cycle with moderately low numbers, 3.35/ 153 (Dec. LSAT pending), and just wanted to gather everyones opinion whether I should apply strictly to the PT program or take my chance with FT. According to LSN, last years PT acceptance stats were pretty similar to mine.. Also, for those of you in the PT program, is class on Saturday guaranteed or does it vary from year to year? Thanks everyone.

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
Re: DU Admission
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
I'm applying this cycle with moderately low numbers, 3.35/ 153 (Dec. LSAT pending), and just wanted to gather everyones opinion whether I should apply strictly to the PT program or take my chance with FT. According to LSN, last years PT acceptance stats were pretty similar to mine.. Also, for those of you in the PT program, is class on Saturday guaranteed or does it vary from year to year? Thanks everyone.

I don't think you will have saturday class.  i was part-time and i never had sat class.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 12:43:56 PM »
I would apply PT with your numbers. There are Saturday classes, but they are completely optional elective classes, I took evidence and crim pro on Saturdays because the prof was a 30 year PD, so since he works during the week he teaches on Sat. But you can take the same classes during the week from other professors.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

CF25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:25 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I checked out the campus this past week and really enjoyed it. Matthies, assuming my numbers remain the same, what do you think my chances are at the PT program? According to LSN they fall within last years admitted PT program, but I'm not sure due to the increased number of apps for this cycle... Thanks.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I checked out the campus this past week and really enjoyed it. Matthies, assuming my numbers remain the same, what do you think my chances are at the PT program? According to LSN they fall within last years admitted PT program, but I'm not sure due to the increased number of apps for this cycle... Thanks.

Is your app in now? I think you have a good shot numbers wise, but its hard to tell just with that.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

CF25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
Just waiting on my Dec. LSAT score, which hopefully will hopefully bump up my numbers. I plan to have everything submitted very soon.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »
Just waiting on my Dec. LSAT score, which hopefully will hopefully bump up my numbers. I plan to have everything submitted very soon.

get that in ASAP, and hopefully you'll get an even better LSAT in Dec and maybe get some money! Keep us posted. I also wrote an otptional why DU letter to the dean, that might have helped show tem I was serious