Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell - Hughes  (Read 765 times)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Cornell - Hughes
« on: December 08, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
Has anyone on here lived at Hughes during 1L?  I'm trying to decide whether it is a good idea to live on-campus or off.  Can any Cornell folks offer up some advice? 
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell - Hughes
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »
Has anyone on here lived at Hughes during 1L?  I'm trying to decide whether it is a good idea to live on-campus or off.  Can any Cornell folks offer up some advice? 

I lived in Hughes as a 1L and it has been a pretty decent experience. You can't beat the convenience and when the temperature is in the teens you'll be happy to not have to walk to get to class. Most people were pretty low stress so I never felt completely overwhelmed with people constantly talking about/studying the law. As far as off campus I would never get a place sight unseen. A lot of the places here are real dumps. Also Cornell is on a big hill so one place may be closer to campus but if it's an uphill walk it can be worse than living a little farther out. As long as you don't have a problem sharing a bathroom and a kitchen then I don't think you'll have a problem with Hughes.