Law School Discussion

ITT We Reassure One Another 'Bout Finals

Re: ITT We Reassure One Another 'Bout Finals
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 06:14:53 PM »
So far I've managed to avoid whatever the law school equivalent of the Freshman 15, though.  ;)

just watch out for the "Summer Associate 30."  ;)

30 is only for the biggest of BIGLAW where they fly in the unpasteurized cheese straight from Brittany, the caviar from Kamchatka and the pantries all have a Kahlua tap right next to the faucet. 

Most summer associates in the vault top 50 only gain around 15 lbs due to the fact that it's so damned hard to order anything at quiznos without a gratuitous slice of bacon on it.  In June they'll pick it off in disgust, in July they'll take a bite out of curiosity and throw the rest away but by August they'll just scarf the whole sandwich down, bacon and all, so they can get back to document review.

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 06:22:18 PM »
This doesn't seem right.  All the SA's I've known at white-shoe firms say they go out for real (non-Quiznos) lunches almost every day.

Disclaimer:  I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.  I'm just having fun.

Now that we've gotten the honesty thang out of the way, let me respond to your post by saying:

NOT IN THIS ECONOMY!

(I try to use that phrase whenever possible)

dischord

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 06:32:51 PM »
<--- just ordered pad thai for delivery, haven't walked farther than from my bedroom to my kitchen all day

::gains 100 lbs::

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »
LOL.  For me, Pad Thai was Thursday. 

dischord

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »
<--- just ordered pad thai for delivery, haven't walked farther than from my bedroom to my kitchen all day

::gains 100 lbs::

so that brings your weight up to what, 190?

Nah, 200.  :-[

dischord

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
I'm pushing 5'3", but yeah, pretty close.  I'm a munchkin.

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »
tm's actually under 5 ft, so be sensitive please.  he also might chaff at your "munchkin" reference given that he has a beard twice as long as he is tall. 

dischord

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 06:52:44 PM »
I'm pushing 5'3", but yeah, pretty close.  I'm a munchkin.

that's not THAT short.

Yeah, I know.  Objectively, I'm neither super short nor super skinny, but I think the whole package just comes off as super tiny.  Or so I've been told.

tm's actually under 5 ft, so be sensitive please.  he also might chaff at your "munchkin" reference given that he has a beard twice as long as he is tall. 

Okay, this was hysterical.

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »
I already explained in a previous post that I'm full of sh*t.  What more do I have to do?

Okay, for the record, he could be perfectly hairless for all I know.  The only thing I know about him for sure is that he's under 5 ft tall.

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »

Can't we all just be friends?   ::)

said the small hunting dog to the fox...