Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does cancellation count towards the 3 lsat limit?  (Read 2050 times)

CokeZeroTastesGood

• View Profile
Does cancellation count towards the 3 lsat limit?
« on: December 07, 2008, 01:26:09 PM »
So I have a cancel from last year and cancel of october this year. I am keeping my dec score. That makes 3 tests in 2 years. Does this mean I can take it again in 09?

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Does cancellation count towards the 3 lsat limit?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »
So I have a cancel from last year and cancel of october this year. I am keeping my dec score. That makes 3 tests in 2 years. Does this mean I can take it again in 09?

Yes cancellations count.

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 01:37:14 PM »
I think you can take it again after Feb. '09 if your first test was on or before Feb. '07.  http://www.lsac.org/aboutlsac/faqs-and-support-lsat.asp#test-repeats  It all depends how they count the two years, and it seems that the LSAC counts an LSAT administration year from Feb. to Feb.  You might want to call them to be sure, though.

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 02:14:06 AM »
I think you can take it again after Feb. '09 if your first test was on or before Feb. '07.  http://www.lsac.org/aboutlsac/faqs-and-support-lsat.asp#test-repeats  It all depends how they count the two years, and it seems that the LSAC counts an LSAT administration year from Feb. to Feb.  You might want to call them to be sure, though.

Hmm, so if you took it in Jun 05, Sept 05, and Dec 05 then you would not be eligible to take it again till Feb 07, Jun 07 or Feb 08?   

They say "two year period" on the FAQ which would make me think Jun 07.

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »

Hmm, so if you took it in Jun 05, Sept 05, and Dec 05 then you would not be eligible to take it again till Feb 07, Jun 07 or Feb 08?   

They say "two year period" on the FAQ which would make me think Jun 07.

I *think* if you first took the test in June 05, then you would be fine to re-take in June 07.  What I was trying to say (having re-read it, it'a not very clear!) was that if he took his first test in Feb 07, he might not be able to retake until June 09 because the LSAT "administration year" runs from Feb to Feb, and I wasn't sure from how it was worded on their website whether the two-year period was their administration year or just two calendar years from the first test.  Does that make sense?  I'm pretty sure I read about the "administration year" stuff on the LSAC website and now I can't find it.  I'll try to add a link so that you can take a look.