Law School Discussion

December LSAT takers!

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: December LSAT takers!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »
This was my first time taking the LSAT, and I can't believe how intense that was.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I was not prepared to take this test. I barely studied and nervousness (and upreparedness) had caused me to postpone my test date twice before this December test. I had taken some practice tests, all untimed- my first mistake.

Going in, I knew was not going to perform well, but I needed to get this over with. Turns out, I was only completing a little more than half of the sections when time was called! It was the biggest shock of the test for me, because I thought I was doing well at my strength areas, until I realized I was going super slow and couldn't finish.

How do you get fast and efficient at this thing? I was going to take it, then come home and take a PT under timed conditions, score that and see what I got. If it was okay, I was going to leave the score as is, but I just cancelled the score after I finished one of the sections, because I only finished two sections. There was no way it was going to be a good score, lol.

Still, I hope everyone does good, and good luck to you all. I learned a few lessons yesterday: Study- a lot and all the time. And also, my fear of this test had me wondering a few months ago if it was what I really wanted, but sitting there made me realize that it is, even if I barely knew what I was doing! So if anyone is reading this and wondering the same thing...it took me about $120, but it cleared my head. I'll just have to wait for the next cycle, which sucks, but it's a lesson learned. And I know I kicked ass in the writing sample. Too bad no one will see it!

The most annoying thing was telling my friends that this test was hard, and then they tell me, "If this test isn't about law, and it's just about multiple choice logic and reasoning, I really don't know what's so hard about it." Has this happened to anyone else? I wanted to say something, but I just kept my mouth shut. They haven't even graduated from undergrad yet...

Thanks to the people here that have given me some advice throughout the year. I'll be lining up for the June test. I think I'm going to go with the prep class method this time around. Structure during studying seems to work better for some of us.

Good luck again, hope everyone gets to where they want to go :)

Cancel your score.  Seriously.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »
I COMPLETELY agree about Logic Games.  For some reason, none of the setups came easily to me, and I did not even get the chance to look at the last game.  It was so hard I thought it must be the experimental... and yet it wasn't.  Safe to say I tanked that section.

I know exactly what you mean. I kept hoping and praying it was the experimental.
I've never had a problem with Logic games. Not quite sure if it was test day nerves or just an unusual games setup.

er, dumb question, but how do you know it was or wasn't experimental? 

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
I COMPLETELY agree about Logic Games.  For some reason, none of the setups came easily to me, and I did not even get the chance to look at the last game.  It was so hard I thought it must be the experimental... and yet it wasn't.  Safe to say I tanked that section.

I know exactly what you mean. I kept hoping and praying it was the experimental.
I've never had a problem with Logic games. Not quite sure if it was test day nerves or just an unusual games setup.

did you have two games sections?

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »

yes

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »

yes

The experimental is in the first 3 sections, so your first games section was the experimental

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »

yes

The experimental is in the first 3 sections, so your first games section was the experimental

er, unless i'm misunderstanding you.. the two LG sections were both in my first three sections, so.. my question still stands.

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

yes

er, unless i'm misunderstanding you.. the two LG sections were both in my first three sections, so.. my question still stands.

oh, weird! I have no idea then.  Sorry  :-[

lou

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »
I'm thinking/hoping it was the second of the LG sections. I've never taken an experimental section, but from how others have described them, it just feels 'different' than a normal section. LR, LG, RC, whatever. I also don't think they would place the experimental section first, (my LG sections came first and third) as the goal of the experimental section is to develop future test questions and there are probably statistics somewhere that show people freak out and miss more questions than they should during the first section. ...I'm sure this was the case in my situation.

SAM34

• 1L
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »
I'm thinking/hoping it was the second of the LG sections. I've never taken an experimental section, but from how others have described them, it just feels 'different' than a normal section. LR, LG, RC, whatever. I also don't think they would place the experimental section first, (my LG sections came first and third) as the goal of the experimental section is to develop future test questions and there are probably statistics somewhere that show people freak out and miss more questions than they should during the first section. ...I'm sure this was the case in my situation.

I think it was the second of the LG sections as well.  Overall that was my third section and I completely agree it just felt different.  All of the questions appeared to be similar, and again like you said it just felt different.

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:28 PM »
Second LG was experimental. 100% positive.