Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: December LSAT takers!  (Read 8230 times)

The Fresh Prince

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: December LSAT takers!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 11:33:28 PM »
Second LG was experimental. 100% positive.
you're wrong. Also, your avatar and your name don't make any sense. Step your game up, son.

mpalmier

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »
Was wondering if you guys thought the LG was completely strange? My LG were the 1st and 5th sections and I am convinced that the 5th was experimental. Can anyone tell me what they thought was the REAL games? I am based in the UK (don't know if that means the test is different to the US..)

JenMcn

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
My thoughts on the Dec Test.

1. I hate the clerifying statement. I've been studying for months to take this test and I get stuck trying to remember how to make my cursive b attach to my cursive r. Why couldn't I just print it? What's the big freaking deal LSAC???

2. I want to give a shout out to the proctors I had a Mercer. They were very good about letting us know the 5 minute warning and not wasting a bunch of time picking up/passing out the test materials before & after the break.

3. The writing sample... Does it matter that I didn't fill up the entire section? I filled in the first side and the top half of the second side of the form, but I just didn't have enough for the end. Does that really matter.

4. As for me, the RC was my experimental section. It wasn't that bad. I had time to go back over my answers and the reading wasn't that hard for me.

My overall reaction to this test is very positive (I hope my score reflects my positive feelings). It didn't seem overly hard or easy. I felt confident throughout the sections with time left over to look over my answers. I was much better prepared for this test than the October test. Now that I have my life back I'm going to focus on completing my PS, DS, Add, and Apps. ::)

When do you think we'll get our scores?

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »

3. The writing sample... Does it matter that I didn't fill up the entire section? I filled in the first side and the top half of the second side of the form, but I just didn't have enough for the end. Does that really matter.

i didn't use all the room provided.  i got through about half the 2nd pg

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 12:06:58 PM »
I'm thinking/hoping it was the second of the LG sections. I've never taken an experimental section, but from how others have described them, it just feels 'different' than a normal section. LR, LG, RC, whatever. I also don't think they would place the experimental section first, (my LG sections came first and third) as the goal of the experimental section is to develop future test questions and there are probably statistics somewhere that show people freak out and miss more questions than they should during the first section. ...I'm sure this was the case in my situation.

idk if the 2nd LG section (section #3) was "different," but i totally freaked out on the first LG section (section #1).  my hands were sweating. gross. my hands NEVER sweat.  lol

Jessicastorm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »
Cancel your score.  Seriously.

I did. I feared haviing to explain myself (and my horrible LSAT score) to schools next cycle if they wondered what was up with the giant score difference. I don't want anyone to think that I'm a slacker who isn't good enough to attend his/her school.

I had issues that got in the way of this test, and I take responsbility for them. That's about all I can say about that.

AJaKe

• Sr. Citizen
  • No, a law student!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »
Was wondering if you guys thought the LG was completely strange? My LG were the 1st and 5th sections and I am convinced that the 5th was experimental. Can anyone tell me what they thought was the REAL games? I am based in the UK (don't know if that means the test is different to the US..)

The experimental section is ALWAYS one of the first 3 sections.

LSN
- 3.1 / 162

Accepted: UF, FSU, Rutgers-Camden(10k + T-Shirt!), Penn State, Temple, American, UPitt, Villanova
W/L: GMU, W&L, W&M
Ding: NONE!

Slider

• Sr. Citizen
  • The only impossible journey is one u never begin
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »
I COMPLETELY agree about Logic Games.  For some reason, none of the setups came easily to me, and I did not even get the chance to look at the last game.  It was so hard I thought it must be the experimental... and yet it wasn't.  Safe to say I tanked that section.

I know exactly what you mean. I kept hoping and praying it was the experimental.
I've never had a problem with Logic games. Not quite sure if it was test day nerves or just an unusual games setup.

er, dumb question, but how do you know it was or wasn't experimental? 

did you have two games sections?

yes

The experimental is in the first 3 sections, so your first games section was the experimental

I only had 1 LG section, so I KNOOOOOW i tanked it.  ;)

AgentSCo

• MSN Messenger - sjescobar2@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AgentSCo
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 01:55:02 PM »
1. I hate the clerifying statement. I've been studying for months to take this test and I get stuck trying to remember how to make my cursive b attach to my cursive r. Why couldn't I just print it? What's the big freaking deal LSAC???

My thoughts EXACTLY!  I've never been so stressed out simply copying a statement verbatum!  My cursive is legible, but it takes me FORVER!  I thought they would proceed to the next set of directions before I finished, and the proctors almost did!

andrew978

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »
I had LG in sections 1 and 3.  From all accounts, the first section was the real one.  Which sucks because I, like so many others seemed to have bombed out horribly.

I found the second one stupidly easy, like I was done with a few minutes to spare, which for me is unheard of.  I was hoping that was real and I "found my grove" but seems it wasn't too be.