Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please help  (Read 913 times)

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
Please help
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »
After over 6 months or studying, I attempted to take the LSAT this morning and stupidly decided to take antihistamine to fight the effects of my cold. Bad Idea; Left the test center before finishing the third section and canceled my score. If I decide to take the February LSAT do you think I will be in any position to be accepted or is that when they only accept the cream of the crop? I was scoring in the 164 range, so I do not expect that to decrease and I have a 3.25. The schools I am looking at are Seton Hall, Rutgers,Brooklyn, Cardozo, American, and my three reaches being Fordham, Georgetown, and George Washington.

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
Sorry about the LSAT, it sucks to have to cancel.  From what I've seen, there are a lot of schools that don't accept February test scores.  You'll have to check on the schools individually- usually you can find the dates for the test scores they accept on their websites.  If I were you, I might consider pushing my apps to the next cycle so you're not at a disadvantage by applying this late in the game and then asking them to wait for the February score.  Good luck with whatever you decide  ;)

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
Thanks. Yea I am going to have to do some soul searching because I can almost bet I will not get scholarship money that late in the game. I will probably just apply to my top 2 schools to see how I do and not waste too much money with the unfavorable odds of success.

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 03:37:45 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  With any luck, you'll get into your top two and all the worrying will be for naught!

AlisaGreenstein

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
If you are trying to get scholarship money, I would definitely wait until the next cycle of applications. I know how frustrating it is after putting so much work into the LSAT preparation but hopefully you will be in better condition for the February LSAT exam and will be first in line when it comes to the next cycle of applications.