Law School Discussion

Please help

Please help
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
After over 6 months or studying, I attempted to take the LSAT this morning and stupidly decided to take antihistamine to fight the effects of my cold. Bad Idea; Left the test center before finishing the third section and canceled my score. If I decide to take the February LSAT do you think I will be in any position to be accepted or is that when they only accept the cream of the crop? I was scoring in the 164 range, so I do not expect that to decrease and I have a 3.25. The schools I am looking at are Seton Hall, Rutgers,Brooklyn, Cardozo, American, and my three reaches being Fordham, Georgetown, and George Washington.

Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »
Sorry about the LSAT, it sucks to have to cancel.  From what I've seen, there are a lot of schools that don't accept February test scores.  You'll have to check on the schools individually- usually you can find the dates for the test scores they accept on their websites.  If I were you, I might consider pushing my apps to the next cycle so you're not at a disadvantage by applying this late in the game and then asking them to wait for the February score.  Good luck with whatever you decide  ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
Thanks. Yea I am going to have to do some soul searching because I can almost bet I will not get scholarship money that late in the game. I will probably just apply to my top 2 schools to see how I do and not waste too much money with the unfavorable odds of success.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  With any luck, you'll get into your top two and all the worrying will be for naught!