Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Studying is Really Boring (Senioritis)  (Read 1554 times)

Johnie Awesome

• View Profile
Studying is Really Boring (Senioritis)
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:18:28 AM »
So here I sit, a third year.  It's 12:11 AM on a Saturday morning.  During the previous two Decembers, I would generally be studying dilligently and trying to really prepare for my classes.  You hit third year, and it just seems to be much harder to study.  I have my Monster energy drink (lo-carb, only 10 calories, I didn't know they existed) and that helps me a little bit to focus.  Even though I really do like Corporate Finance and the bond market, Met Life v. Nabisco is tough to read right now.   

So I opened a new account, I used to post on here much more frequently when I was a scared 0L.  Now it's just something to do, I think I'm outgrowing facebook.com, but I've just recently discovered all the free podcasts on iTunes. 

My question is, any one heard any good new bands lately?  I have been listening to the Airborne Toxic Event (don't know how new they are, but they're okay) and if you're hoping for a distraction you should check them out. 

sluglaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Studying is Really Boring (Senioritis)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »
i've been listening to mgmt lately- up and coming band, fun to listen to.  i feel so behind on music these days.

facebook has been getting progressively worse for a long while, first it took the sport out of rummaging through people's privacy and now everyone and their mother is on there.  no bueno.

i always go to the gym and to try to blow of the study blues.  a change of pace and enviro sounds like what ya need.  any good hiking or biking trails in your area?

Johnie Awesome

• View Profile
Re: Studying is Really Boring (Senioritis)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
I am in the mid-atlantic, so there is no biking or hiking in this area in December.  Today is the coldest day in two years.  I am just looking foward to an intra-squad rugby game / afterparty on the 20th when we all finish finals. I'll check out Mgmt on myspace music or iTunes later on.  It's fluorescent lights, they're the devil.