Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Intership Question  (Read 1225 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Intership Question
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
I don't have a post graduate job line up yet. I was just contacted by a county counsel office about an internship for either spring or summer. When I submitted my application I was looking for a postgraduate job, but the person I spoke with has told me that they will not likely be hiring new graduates this year. They would allow me to intern while studying and waiting for my bar results and that "could" lead to a job.

Dilemma - I don't have time to do the internship in the spring. I will be swamped because I am a board member on a few groups and classes. But I am worried that if I take a summer internship, and they decide to start hiring in the spring, I will be screwed. Will it hurt me to do the summer instead of spring internship?

Thoughts, opinions??

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Intership Question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:58:19 AM »
Thanks Theor. I decided to tell them I want to do the summer internship because I actually have a heavy class load this semester and I'd rather do the internship full time. It would be while I was waiting for my bar results. I think if it weren't for my class schedule I would have chosen the spring internship.

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Intership Question
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »
FWIW, County Counsel is a very politically connected job, I guess that's obvious, but you will definetly make great contacts there, lots of judges were former county counsels.